Honda Armrest Replacement Option
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honda Armrest Replacement Option

Honda Armrest Replacement Option

I am considering getting the Honda armrest replacement and I wondered if anyone here had already gotten it and what impressions they may have. Is it nicely made and how much storage does it add, and is it comfortable and longer than the factory armrest?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Kentucky63

If you do a search you'll find plenty of information, opinions, etc. Personally, I found all the info positive and just ordered mine yesterday. Good luck!
    2003 Sandstone Metallic EX-RES
    (w/ pinstripes, foglights, wheel locks, door & fender trim, mud flaps, thule roof rack, cargo tray, Thule Weekender cargo box, full nose mask, and storage armrest)

1998 Mazda 626, & 4 kids and a wife

Just for the record -- I DID that search and saw all the posts about the armrest. I ordered mine from Handaaccessories and I love it...

This is the armrest Honda SHOULD have put in every Odyssey. But, then, they could not charge extra for another "accessory."

What is so special about this armrest? Does it still allow access thru the front seats to the rear?

Its much wider (works much better for my long arms) and it opens and has storage space inside. The angle is also adjustable.

When in place it does prohibit walk-thru to the rear seats -- but you can easily take it off when you need to go through to the back seats.

When I looked up the new armrest is shows it is only available for the 2003 model. I have a 2001 and am wondering if this armrest can be fitted to my Odyssey.

Mel
    Originally posted by R2nD2
    When I looked up the new armrest is shows it is only available for the 2003 model. I have a 2001 and am wondering if this armrest can be fitted to my Odyssey.
    YES!

It's only listed as an option for '03s because that's when Honda started selling it.

I've got one on my '01.

Mel

I installed it in my '02 and it is excellent.

Has anyone put it in between the two middle seats? We never slide these two together, and it's pretty easy to remove prior to walking through.
    Regtor
    2002 GG EX-L

Bmf
    i have a brand new in box armrest that is grey for sale. I will let it go for $70. Pm if interested.

I am interested

Hey sounds good! I am interested.
    '02 EX TW Odyssey
    Donelly Mirror
    Hella Horns
    Fog Lights
    Mud Guards
    Bugflector II
    Weathertech Mats

One of the best things about it is that it is an easy 5-minute install. Even a clutz like myself could do it.

Now I have my sights on the foglights. Actually, at one point in my life I installed foglights on my then-new Subaru XT. However, THAT car did not cost me anywhere as much as the Odyssey. I am paranoid about even thinking about installing anything that requires cutting on anything that set me back as much as the Ody.

Originally posted by kentucky63
    I am paranoid about even thinking about installing anything that requires cutting on anything that set me back as much as the Ody.
    Ahh, go for it!
    What's the worst that could happen?
    2003 Sandstone Metallic EX-RES
    (w/ pinstripes, foglights, wheel locks, door & fender trim, mud flaps, thule roof rack, cargo tray, Thule Weekender cargo box, full nose mask, and storage armrest)

1998 Mazda 626, & 4 kids and a wife

Bmf
    have a brand new in box armrest that is grey for sale. I will let it go for $70. Pm if interested
    Armrest is sold. Awaiting money order.

I do have an OEM black cargo tray for $50 plus shipping if anyone is interested.

15. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements