Honda Auto day/night mirror with compass?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honda Auto day/night mirror with compass?

Honda Auto day/night mirror with compass?

I was wondering if anyone has installed one of these mirrors in there EX? If so, how hard/difficult was the installation? I miss the one I had in my pickup and would like to add it to the Ody. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Yes, I ordered one for our '07 EX-L and just installed it a couple weeks ago.

Not a hard piece to install, but time consuming if you're ana, er.....'detail oriented' like me
    It took me about 3 hours in total, but 20 minutes of it was trying to figure out how to pop the lenses out of the overhead Homelink console without breaking them. The printed instructions were vague at best for this key step.
    The way to do it is to slide a thin screwdriver in from behind enough to gently pop it off the clips which are molded into the lens, then you can pop it off the front clips by hand.
    The second lens took all of 20 seconds after that
    From memory; after removing the overhead console assembly, glovebox, visors, both front 'A' pillar, kick panel and door jamb covers you snake the new wiring harness in and make the connections on each side's fuse box. There is a 22-pin connector and ground that goes to the driver's side fuse box, and a single pin that mates with the lone male counterpart on a passenger side multiplug.
    The mirror snaps into the existing bonded windshield mount and is secured with a set screw.
    It works great, and I really did miss the compass from our Chrysler T&C....which had a multi-function computer in that space as well.

Best of luck,
    Brian
    (sorry, I never thought to take photos of the process!)
    2007 Slate Green / Olive EX-L
    '03 5-speed PTGT
    Toys include; NSX, S2000, 944, turbo NSX

Going to do our Pilot and Accord, thanks about the tip for removing the lens. Your right about the directions.
    08 Ocean Mist blue EX-L,

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements