Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Bypass Oil Filter, Transmission Filter Cooler

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  davedrivesody 
#1 ·
I have a Honda Odyssey 2000, I would like to put on a Bypass Oil Filter, or possibly something similar to the AMSOIL Bypass / Full Flow Combination on the Odyssey, Also would like to do the same with the Transmission only a filter for this case.

The question is has anyone proceeded with this modification and if so what did they use and how did it turn out?

#2 ·
I looked at this system a year or so ago and was pondering whether to fit it to my Dodge caravan before it finally went kaput (242,000 miles).
Am very interested to see what the other outpatients here have with regards to chiming in on this?

#3 ·
If you buy generic filters and regular dinosaur oil, the J35 V6 will outlast the rest of the van.

If you buy premium synthetic or synthetic blend filters and synthetic oil, the J35 V6 will outlast the Egyptian pyramids.

OF

#4 ·
Yeah, I agree it's essentially overkill...
I was thinking along the lines/mindset of my old dodge caravan not the everlasting Honda J35

#5 ·
Also would like to do the same with the Transmission only a filter for this case.
That would be a good idea! Many have added the Magnefine filter.

If you buy premium synthetic or synthetic blend filters and synthetic oil, the J35 V6 will outlast the Egyptian pyramids.
:joy:

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.