AUX iPod iPhone integration with Honda Odyssey 2005-2010
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AUX iPod iPhone integration with Honda Odyssey 2005-2010

GTA

AUX iPod iPhone integration with Honda Odyssey 2005-2010

In case you ever wondered how to use AUX button on your Honda Odyssey, here are video instructions how to install and use the car kit that integrates your Odyssey with mp3, iPhone or iPod. The installation instructions are universal for any AUX car kit available on the market: MP3, Iphone, iPod integration with Honda Odyssey 2005-2010

if you have Apple's product, you can even control your iPod or iPhone directly from Odyssey radio controls or from the steering wheel. For example, you can change songs, change playlists, use random button and (on some models) even display the name of the songs. Another neat feature is automatic pause of your iPod or iPhone when you turn off the radio or turn off your car.

Enjoy,
    Max

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Are you the GTA guy (your id and product are same names)? Also, what about folks with NAV? Any plans for Android based integration?
    When I use this smilie ===> I am NOT calling you stupid.

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Customer Acceptance Checklist
    alexmish1's Rattle Kill

GTA
    For folks with navigation you would need additional cable that splits the aux port between navigation and the kit.

I did not see any kits with Android support on the market yet, so I am guessing there is not enough demand to produce it. Don't forget that many people still use iPods and I did not hear a lot about pure mp3 players that run on Android.

Thanks,
    Max

@GTA: can you post pictures of the module and cables? Does the Aux cable has 3.5mm or RCA? Can ipod/aux cables both connect to the module at the same time, i.e., both installed?

GTA
    Answers:
    1. You can find the pictures of the kit by following the link on my original post.

2. The AUX cable is 3.5mm.

3. Yes, iPod and AUX cables can be both connected to the module and you can switch between your ipod and regular mp3 player. But, to be honest, I never tried to use them both at the same time .

We have the Odyssey 2010 EX-L with Rear Ente and NAV, how can we connect our iPOD/iPHONE via aux or RCA, to watch videos?!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by GTA View Post
    For folks with navigation you would need additional cable that splits the aux port between navigation and the kit.

I did not see any kits with Android support on the market yet, so I am guessing there is not enough demand to produce it. Don't forget that many people still use iPods and I did not hear a lot about pure mp3 players that run on Android.

Thanks,
    Max
    Do you have/sale the additional cable along with the appropriate installation instructions?

Link doesn't work

GTA, please post a new link, it seems to be broken!

For those of you that want to connect their Apple iPod/iTouch/iPhone and watch movies and have the Odyssey Rear Entertainment Model, you need to purchase the APPLE to composite cable (has to be from APPLE otherwise the iTouch and iPhone, you will only hear audio) and connect the iPod/iTouch/iPhone to the composite connection by the third row and have it in AUX mode.

For us with Navigation. Is the split cable included and "ready-to-go" withthe GTA kit?

Hey GTA,

I enjoyed the install video on your link. Could you please tell us and or show us how this kit works with the nav. system. That's what I have (2010 Touring). I'm reluctant to purchase the kit tell I see that. You mentioned an additional wire is needed for the Oddy with nav. but I don't see it any where on the website. Please let us know what to do. Thanks.

I will be placing an order soon for this kit for my iPhone!

There is a kit available for Android integration for 2005-2012 Honda Odyssey. We used it on our 2006 and it works very well. We were able to add iPod / iPhone integration , Bluetooth as well as Android Integration with control through the stereo and steering wheel controls.

Can you tell me if a droid phone can be hooked up to a 2003 odyssey radio in any way?

PAC might make something under the isimple brand. I just put an ISHD651 in my 07 with nav and res and am pleased with it so far. They seem to make a lot of stuff so it might be worth a look to see if they have an 03 version.

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements