XM Radio Promotion - One year for $60
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: XM Radio Promotion - One year for $60

XM Radio Promotion - One year for $60

I recently learned of an XM Radio promotion that extends your subscription by one year for $60. I don't have a promotional code but just asked about the "Additional year for $60 deal".

When I called, the first customer service rep said I would have to call back once my current 3-month free trial ended. However since I was worried that the promotion might expire prior to that, I called back a little while later and the rep I spoke with this time said no problem and that my service would be extended by a year after my free trial ends.

I believe that the promotion is limited to XM acquired through new vehicle purchases but I'm not positive about that. The phone number I was told to call by the initial XM rep was 800-998-7900, which I assume is the Promotions Department.

You will need to provide your XM Radio ID which you can get by tuning your radio to Channel 0.
    '05 Touring Silver Pearl/Gray Navi+Res

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Re: XM Radio Promotion - One year for $60

Originally posted by jrosenf
    I recently learned of an XM Radio promotion that extends your subscription by one year for $60. I don't have a promotional code but just asked about the "Additional year for $60 deal".

When I called, the first customer service rep said I would have to call back once my current 3-month free trial ended. However since I was worried that the promotion might expire prior to that, I called back a little while later and the rep I spoke with this time said no problem and that my service would be extended by a year after my free trial ends.

I believe that the promotion is limited to XM acquired through new vehicle purchases but I'm not positive about that. The phone number I was told to call by the initial XM rep was 800-998-7900, which I assume is the Promotions Department.

You will need to provide your XM Radio ID which you can get by tuning your radio to Channel 0.
    That would be sweet. I definitely want to get XM permanently but didn't see such a deal mentioned on their website. I will give it a shot. Thanks for the info.

Mentioned by Dealer

Actually Bedard Bros told us about this. They said they had a quarterly/half-yearly and annual sale going on which was cheaper than the 9.99 per month normally charged.
    Driver of
    Silver Pearl Metallic/Black
    05 Touring NAV/RES
    Since Nov 26
    99 Honda CR-V Supermarine Blue Pearl/Charcoal
    Mother of 2 Nittany Lion Fanatics

1-800-999-1009 Honda Phone #

Thanks, I just called and ordered it. No problem.

Originally posted by Scowern
    Thanks, I just called and ordered it. No problem.
    Cool!

Good looking out jrosenf !

I'm currently in the process of researching XM vs Sirius. I prefer XM (especially since it's already integrated into our NAV) but, what I like about Sirius is the Lifetime Subsciption, which was $399 and is now $499. XM offers $499 for 5 years. Since we plan on owning the Ody for longer than 5 years (more like 8-10) Sirius would be a better deal. However, I'll consider your information before I finally decide. I'm at the point of thinking how the Sirius would work in the Ody (I doubt it could use the Ody stereo, but not sure). I may go with XM since it's already integrated.

Again, good work !
    2005 EX-L RES/NAV- Black / Ivory- Gold Package
    Pictures

Don't mean to sidetrack this discussion. I like XM so far after having it for 3 days, but the reception has not been good in my area (Seattle). Do you guys have reception problems?

In the last 3 days, the signals went out on me a few times, and I get a few seconds of static noise every time it went out. Other than one time I was in a tunnel and another time I was between mountains, the rest of my trip was either on the highway or on open road when reception was interrupted. That didn't make sense to me.

Also, if and when your XM reception does go out, do you get reduced quality signal or no sound at all? For me, I get static with reduced sound quality which seems strange because if XM were to be purely digital, it should either give us great sound or no sound at all - assuming basic digital encoding is used.

Originally posted by feichua
    Don't mean to sidetrack this discussion. I like XM so far after having it for 3 days, but the reception has not been good in my area (Seattle). Do you guys have reception problems?

In the last 3 days, the signals went out on me a few times, and I get a few seconds of static noise every time it went out. Other than one time I was in a tunnel and another time I was between mountains, the rest of my trip was either on the highway or on open road when reception was interrupted. That didn't make sense to me.

Also, if and when your XM reception does go out, do you get reduced quality signal or no sound at all? For me, I get static with reduced sound quality which seems strange because if XM were to be purely digital, it should either give us great sound or no sound at all - assuming basic digital encoding is used.
    If XM doesn't have a Repeater Tower in the area, traveling under a bridge will block the signal momentarily and cause the static sound. The radio will also show "No Signal". This is natural for any satellite system.

The NAV is unaffected because there is a Gyroscope used for direction and the speed is monitored to update the display when signal is unavailable.

As for your last question, I have only received good sound or no sound (static).
    '05 Ody EX-L R&N - Desert Rock - 265K+ Miles - Still running despite my negligence! Still running, but probably getting donated in the next month or so.

'06 Acura MDX Touring with Nav - 52K+ Miles

'06 Ody EX-L - Sagebrush - 90K Miles

'04 Saab 9-5 Arc Sedan - 118K+ Miles - GONE! Sad, but not unexpected when the '05 Ody is more reliable then the Saab with half the miles. I'm back with the familiar!

- Thanks. I didn't know there are repeaters XM towers. I thought XM is purely satellite based.

- $60 XM deal: check out this other thread on the Anandtech forum. Apparently the deal applies to new GM/Honda cars. One guy had to lie about his car's model year to get the the subscription...

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...VIEWTMP=Linear

Originally posted by mochisushi
    If XM doesn't have a Repeater Tower in the area, traveling under a bridge will block the signal momentarily and cause the static sound. The radio will also show "No Signal". This is natural for any satellite system.

I was under the impression the XM receiver had a buffer to eliminate this problem if the signal is only lost for a few seconds, as would be the case going under a bridge or short tunnel.

$60 for a year of service sounds like a bargin.

Wyeast
    Originally posted by feichua

Ack! I got duped by the fork in the road!

In Portland, we haven't had many instances of service interruptions. Not even going through the Vista Ridge Tunnel. And that trip's long enough that I had to wonder if there's a repeater buried in there...

The only times I've noticed interruptions are generally in parking garages.

*shrug*

--> Andy

Thumbs up Thank you kindly!

I just called 1-800-845-3072 and told the rep that I am calling to extend the XM subscription. When I told him that I have received mailer with the code: "ZWINBACK MYP1" that extends my subscription for another year for $60, he had extended the subscription for another year AFTER my trial subscription ends!

This is GREAT! Thanks a lot for your help.

Edited to add the following:

When calling them make sure to have your XM Radio ID
    Last edited by kapish; 11-29-2004 at 09:49 PM.
    '05 Touring/R/N Sagebrush Pearl/Ivory
    Trip report: "SF Bay Area to Victoria, Canada 07/05"
    Trip report: "SF Bay Area to Las Vegas 12/04"
    Send me a PM if you would like a GMail Account

Just got in on this deal as well (first try!). Just said I received a mailing regarding $60 for 1 year, she never asked for the coupon code. Also, I didn't have my radio ID number (where do I find that anyway?) but she looked it up using my info. Credit card won't be charged until trial period is over and one year begins. Great deal - thanks!

Joe
    Last edited by GizmoJoe; 11-30-2004 at 10:19 AM.

Re: Thank you kindly!

Originally posted by kapish
    [color=darkblue]I just called 1-800-845-3072 and told the rep that I am calling to extend the XM subscription. When I told him that I have received mailer with the code: "ZWINBACK MYP1" that extends my subscription for another year for $60, he had extended the subscription for another year AFTER my trial subscription ends!

I finally got it too but it took 3 calls and some transfers. I tried to use the code listed above but after alot of hold time they said that was for a GM car and kept asking me how I got it. Finally got transferred to a supervisor who said no matter she'd add a year on to my trial for $60.
    '05 Touring R&N SlateGreen/Olive -
    '06 Ridgeline RT-L Navi Steelblue
    '66 Mustang
    Shameless plug for my site:
    www.VersionTracker.com

Originally posted by GizmoJoe
    Also, I didn't have my radio ID number (where do I find that anyway?) but she looked it up using my info.
    Glad to hear people are able to capitalize on this deal! As I mentioned in my initial post, tuning to XM Channel 0 will provide you with your Radio ID.

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements