Anti-Theft Code for Honda Radios?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anti-Theft Code for Honda Radios?

Anti-Theft Code for Honda Radios?

Anyone know how to retrieve the anti-theft code from the radio in a Honda? When I bought my van, I didn't get the card that has the radio codes on it. I looked through the owner's manual hoping the previous owner wrote it down, but nothing.

I'm about to install some electronics, and would really like to disconnect the battery cable before I begin.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

You have to remove the radio and get the serial number off the back/top. Take that number to a Honda dealer parts counter. They can look it up for you. If you need to know more use the search! term? "Radio code" or "anti theft code"

Originally posted by egads
    You have to remove the radio and get the serial number off the back/top. Take that number to a Honda dealer parts counter. They can look it up for you. If you need to know more use the search! term? "Radio code" or "anti theft code"
    Dude, you forgot to mention your own credo! Year, trim/mode, mileage

It makes a difference, most newer cars if you use the VIN number and pull a VIN inquiry, they will have a radio code. I did it in 2004 on my 99 Accord, but recently I heard they might have purged all the radio codes from records older than 5 years.
    Ben

"Marshmallow" - '00 Ody LX J35A1/4AT, 101K (New tranny)
    Taffeta White/Fern Cloth, Fumitsu backup sensors, OEM roof rack, OEM CD player, fender guards, mud guards, Autometer tranny temp gauge, Magnefine, lots of Amsoil ATF

Gone and missed...
    "Sandy" - '99 Accord EX F23A1/5MT, 145K
    Heather Mist/Ivory Cloth

Sorry, it was my restraint in not pointing out that this was like the twentieth newbie starting a new thread asking the same question.

So, what model? what year?
    Have you tried searching for existing threads on this?
    There are threads with detailed dash removal instructions. Wiring suggestions. Literally anything one would need to know about wiring in an Ody is here in the dictionary of Odyssey.

How's that?

Originally posted by egads
    Sorry, it was my restraint in not pointing out that this was like ...

Well, I found out you have an 05 from a post you made in another thread. However, I still don't know what model you have. It might matter. (LXs have no anti theft or code)

Sorry, I got sidetracked looking up some stuff and forgot to re-edit my post to give you the correct info.

I have an EX. I pulled the radio out today and wrote down the serial number. I'll call the dealer in the morning to see if they can look it up for me.

I was kinda sad not to find the radio code in any of the papers/manuals that came with the van. I even checked OwnerLink. There's an area for the radio code, but *I* have to enter it there.

I pulled a lot of parts out of the van today to get my overhead DVD installed. All that's left is to do the power. Hopefully, I'll be able to get that code from the dealer so that I can cut the power to the van before I play with hot wires.

My code was also on a sticker on the side of the glove box when open.

Why these mundane radios in cars that are rarely stolen need theft codes is a mystery to me.
    Patrick
    2007 EX Silver Pearl + 17' Casita Trailer (2007-2011)
    Don't anthropomorphize your Odyssey, it doesn't like it.

Originally posted by BigFoot48
    Why these mundane radios in cars that are rarely stolen need theft codes is a mystery to me.
    Silly man, that's an easy question to answer! So the dealer can make money off it!

Some (most?) dealer will provide it for free but I've heard stories about charging $60-100 to get it (probably for labor to get the head unit out, serial number)
    Ben

"Marshmallow" - '00 Ody LX J35A1/4AT, 101K (New tranny)
    Taffeta White/Fern Cloth, Fumitsu backup sensors, OEM roof rack, OEM CD player, fender guards, mud guards, Autometer tranny temp gauge, Magnefine, lots of Amsoil ATF

Gone and missed...
    "Sandy" - '99 Accord EX F23A1/5MT, 145K
    Heather Mist/Ivory Cloth

M@-
    I figured there'd be a thread for this already - and an established policy of hazing someone for starting it... so I searched and found this one on the top of the list and it's where I'll put this info.

Had our '06 worked on last week (here's a thread on the incident) and we were driving to it to a show last night around 7pm. I was very much looking forward to listening to the Red Sox beat the Yankees on the drive there and turning on the radio we got the "CODE" message.

We couldn't find the little card anywhere - so I called Honda direct - the 1800 number I found in the drivers manual.

She verified the VIN and a bunch of personal info like address and phone numbers - then she had me figure out the serial number of the radio - and here's the useful info for you (probably somewhere else on the forum, but first time in this thread that says you have to remove the radio):

Turn off Radio - hold down 1 + 6 keys - turn on radio while holding the keys down and it shows you the serial number

It only shows for about 10 seconds, and I had to do it twice cause it vanished while I was reading it to honda still on the phone. She used this number and looked up my code and; low and behold - the Red Sox were in fact beating the Yankees.
    M@
    Last edited by M@-; 04-28-2007 at 11:20 AM.

That didm't work on my 2002 Oddy. I have to pull it out I guess.

13. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements