Honda Odyssey Forum banner

3m headlight restoration

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  ModIt 
#1 ·
We recently purchased a 2005 Odyssey EXL with 155,000 miles. Original owner and things seem to be in pretty good shape. One issue was theheadlights were quite yellow and foggy. I used the 3M four stage headlight restoration kit and the results were better than I expected

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
highly recommend buy some Headlight Armor or something similar so you don't have to do this again. stuff works wonders because instead of your lenses taking all the UV, most of it seems to be absorbed by the vinyl overlay. i had to clean our Jetta lights about every 8mo to keep them clean after restoring them, and after putting vinyl over the top I didn't have to touch them for 2 years until i sold it.

#4 ·
We added WeatherTech overlays to our '01 and 15 years later, they are perfectly clear. These are especially easy to install on both the Gen2 and Gen4 models, due to the flat lenses. The Gen3s are a bit harder, due to the compound curved lenses. This is a great product, highly recommended.
Jerry O.

#6 ·
they don't work miracles ;) they protect the lenses, its all they do, they wont clean the lense

lots of brands out there, just pick one with a good thickness and reviews. thats why i have done headlight armor now on 3 cars. they are really thick, and after 85K on my subaru they are starting to show wear so next year i plan to replace them with another set and should have perfectly clean lenses underneath since i put them on when the car had less than 100miles on it.

#7 ·
My lights are just starting to yellow at the top and about once a month I wax them and they are clear again. Would those films work to prevent the yellowing from coming back if I clean them up first? I just don't want mine to turn out to be like the op's so I would like to do something about it now. Thanks

#8 ·
My guess is that if you get them clean, they will stay clear with the overlays, since the material blocks UV. I can't speak about other brands, but the Weathertechs are thick and still perfectly clear @ 15 years.
Jerry O.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.