Headlight Bulb Replacement was unbelievably easy!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Headlight Bulb Replacement was unbelievably easy!

Thumbs up Headlight Bulb Replacement was unbelievably easy!

I was very pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to replace the passenger-side headlight bulb. It's nice to know at least one thing has been improved over old cars where you had to replace the whole headlight.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Yup,actually the driver's side is a bit harder.At least on our '01. Battery is in the way and so is the intake shield which has to be removed.
    -Rob-
    1995 Subaru Legacy LS/1992 Mazda Miata

How do you remove the intake shield to replace the drivers' side headlight. I removed the cover, but seem to be stuck.

The sheild is attached at the top with two pins (which it sounds like you already removed) and at the bottom by a 1 inch long rubber post that slides into a grommet in the body. Just pull up, and it will slide out.

STLODY
    SS 2002 LX

Got it done! Thanks for the help.

Ok.. it is supposed to be very easy.. but not in my case..
    When I went to insert the new bulb, it went on not quite straight, so I thought.. mmmmh better look at this a bit closer. After a quick break I went back to the light and tried to grab it and AMAZINGLY enough, it fell in to the headlight assembly!

I spent the next hour with magnets/pliers to get that thing out.. It was pretty mangled once I got it out.. but I got it out!

Frederic

I guess that's what I was expecting - but for once, no problems! I'll enjoy it while I can. I probably shouldn't have said anything.

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    Is there any need to remove anything else after the intake cover to make the replacement of the driver's side headlight bulb easier? I wish it would've been the passenger side this time...

EDIT: did not need to remove anything else but the intake shield and be careful not to lose the 2 little black pins from the top of the shield
    Last edited by New Dad New Van; 09-02-2005 at 08:20 AM.
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

I hope you put in better Bulbs. I keep meaning too. I find the lighting in our '01 quite pathetic compared to my last Passat (with Philips Vision Plus from England..legal wattage) and specially compared to my E36 M3 with 5K Philips HID's. (unfair comparo I know)

I always got my bulbs from www.powerbulbs.co.uk In Europe they take lighting much more seriously. In many countries you are required by law to carry an extra bulb!!!

These are not ricey blue bulbs, they are a significant improvement in white lighting and build quality.(lighting focus and aiming) I imagine they have some that'll fit the Ody.
    Last edited by JETninja; 09-05-2005 at 03:39 PM.
    JET
    2004 Corvette Z06 Millennium Yellow
    1995 BMW E36 M3 Hellrot Red
    2008 Audi TTq V6 6sp Black (Wife's - no more Soccer mobiles)

Gone to the great Ody Auction....
    2001 Odyssey EX Starlight Silver
    2007 Odyssey EX-L Slate Green / Olive

RIP...
    1999 Passat 1.8T Black Magic

And let this serve as notice that they don't necessarily go out together. I just did the driver side I'm pretty sure for the first time since 1999 and 140,000 miles! Since my original post was in late 2003, I got another 2-1/2 years out if it!

Thanks very much to stlody for giving such a clear instruction for removing that air intake shield. It went MUCH quicker and easier with that knowledge, since I would have been hesitant to remove that without knowing what I was doing.

Any high-beam replacement suggestions?

I'm trying to replace my high-beam lamps with Sylvania Silver Stars. I don't have hands the size of a 6 year old, that can fit under the hood and turn the old lamps out. Any suggestions on how to do this painlessly?
    2006 Odyssey Touring
    Silver Pearl Metallic
    No Navigation
    DVD
    NO PAX
    Acura 2007 18" MDX Sport Wheels
    Toyo 245/50R18 Versado LX Tires
    Thule 1600CF Rooftop Box
    Weathertec.com cargo liner
    Hondafloormats.com 3rd row all season mat
    Exactmats clear floor mats
    Mr. Grille - www.mrgrille.com