Picture of Transmission Fluid Filling Bolt
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Picture of Transmission Fluid Filling Bolt

Picture of Transmission Fluid Filling Bolt

Here is a picture of the transmission fluid filling bolt, that is removed to replace the transmission fluid. The top of the bolt is painted white. Also, the intake manifold and the battery have been removed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Mel
    Sorry to disagree, but all you need to add/replace ATF is a long funnel. The only thing you need to remove is the bolt, which is notoriously tight. A really long socket extension helps a lot.

Mel

Mel,
    I labeled my thread as "picture of transmission fluid filling bolt". I hope I didn't confuse you to think, that you had to remove the battery and the intake to replace the transmission fluid. I was just identifying the bolt for those who could not find it. I was performing this operation (Coolant Leak Fix) when I had the opportunity to take a clear picture of the transmission fluid filling bolt.
    Last edited by razcob; 04-11-2004 at 01:51 PM.

By the way, where exactly is the transmission drain plug.
    Want to change the atf and don't know where it
    is? Thanks!

Originally posted by regvito
    By the way, where exactly is the transmission drain plug.
    Want to change the atf and don't know where it
    is? Thanks!
    On the driver's side of the transmission sump. It has a 3/8" square drive recess in it which allows it to be removed with a 3/8" flex handle or rachet. When you remove it, be ready for the fluid to shoot straight at the rail of the engine cradle. I recommend the use of some sort of deflector, like a piece of a plastic milk jug, to direct the flow downward into the drain pan until the initial surge is over. Just a suggestion to keep you from making a big mess. If you do not like the deflector idea, I have found that a plastic bucket works better than a drain pan, because it can be held up at the proper angle to catch the fluid as it shoots out of the drain hole. Good luck.

Jerry O.
    Last edited by Jerry O; 04-26-2004 at 07:17 PM.
    UFCW Retired
    UNION, YES!!!
    (The labor movement, the folks who brought you the weekend)

2014 Celestial Blue EX-L + 19" Advanti B1 wheels w/ 245/50-19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires, a WeatherTech cargo mat w/ added "bumper bib", a ScanGauge II and a nice large basket in place of the difficult to use front console. AirLift kit #60815 and DashMat dash cover (black to beat windshield reflection) added.

2006 Ocean Mist Metallic EX gone to live with daughter and family in Illinois

7. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements