Apparently my front motor mount is bad and my van failed inspection
I plan to replace it myself but am not 100% sure of the steps and my Haynes manual is not very helpful. Here's what I think I need to do:
1) Support the engine with a jack and 2x4 under the oil pan.
2) Unbolt the passenger side motor mount and the driver's side transmission mount to allow the engine some movement.
3) Remove the 4 bolts holding the front mount to the subframe and the top nut holding the engine to the mount.
4) Raise the engine until it clears the mount stud and I can slide it out.
However, I have some issues with that plan!
1) Do I really need to undo all the mounts to move the engine up enough?
2) How do you disconnect the vacuum line from the front mount? Does it just pull off?
3) The biggest question... how do you get the motor mount out of the engine bay? It looks too big to come out without more stuff being removed. It looks like the exhaust might need to be removed
If anyone's done this, please help... thanks, Andy.