Transmission Fluid in-line Filter
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transmission Fluid in-line Filter

Question Transmission Fluid in-line Filter

I read the following at this California Honda specialty repair shop site:

http://www.adnohtech.com/tipstricks.html

"A little known fact is; when the factory replaces a Honda or Acura transmission under the original factory warranty; the new/rebuilt transmission has an oil filter installed in the fluid cooler hose! We have been using a very effective filter for over ten yeas now. We install the filter in line between the transmission and the transmission fluid cooler. (Just like the factory warranty, filters are installed). This is the most economical way to filter the transmission fluid on your car that we have found.

"It only takes approximately 45 minutes to change your transmission fluid and to install the filter on most models."

Can anyone verify that factory warranty transmissions come with a fluid filter?

I'm curious, because I plan to install a medium size Hayden (or other Trans fluid) cooler with maybe a temperature guage on my 2002 when it arrives. A filter would be extra protection. I plan to do a fair amount of towing.

2002 EX-TW ; Weathertechs; Splash; 4X Pioneer 1695's w/ Blaupunkt Casablanca head unit; Hella Supertone Horns; Hitch w/ Transmission & Power Steering Coolers; 2001 Five-spoke Alloy Wheels, California Flames, K&N Air Filter; FilterMag magnetic oil filter; Galaxy DX-959 mobile CB w/ Wilson 1,000 mag mount antenna;Valentine One; Schrader Nickle Plated Brass Valve Stem Caps; Odyssey 1200MJT mil-spec battery.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Cool

Bump. I read an earlier post from a member who had a factory rebuilt transmission
    2002 EX-TW ; Weathertechs; Splash; 4X Pioneer 1695's w/ Blaupunkt Casablanca head unit; Hella Supertone Horns; Hitch w/ Transmission & Power Steering Coolers; 2001 Five-spoke Alloy Wheels, California Flames, K&N Air Filter; FilterMag magnetic oil filter; Galaxy DX-959 mobile CB w/ Wilson 1,000 mag mount antenna;Valentine One; Schrader Nickle Plated Brass Valve Stem Caps; Odyssey 1200MJT mil-spec battery.

4. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements