A12 service code
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A12 service code

A12 service code

A12 service code came up a few days back, i think the internal air filter needs to be change among other things. is there anything with the A12 service that I can DIY? will it void my warranty if i don't go back to the dealer?

I am thinking about changing to Syn. motor oil... how's the Mobil 1 on a 07 Ody?

Thansk in advance for any advice...

Cheers...

malaykid

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I would do (and did) the "2" part, which is changing the engine and cabin air filters. The cabin filter is a little hard to find (e.g. WalMart didn't have it), but Pep Boys had it. Warranty won't be voided by DIY work.

I have the dealer put Mobil 1 in ours, as I drive long miles towing a trailer and every MPG boost, whether real or imagined, helps!
    Last edited by BigFoot48; 04-17-2009 at 05:15 PM.
    Patrick
    2007 EX Silver Pearl + 17' Casita Trailer (2007-2011)
    Don't anthropomorphize your Odyssey, it doesn't like it.

we've been using Mobil 1 5w-30 on our ody for quite so time and it has been fine.
    The cabin air filter is extremely easy to change you can find diys on here) You can check the price by using Honda's estore and you can get quite some good prices sometimes.

"1" is rotating tires, some places can do it for free.

Thanks for all the valuable inputs... will try to replace the cabin filter myself but will need to get the oil change by the dealer...

cheers...

Malaykid

just got our A 1,2 service minder today, we have only had the van for about 5k miles were at apprx 23,000 now.

08 touring, just purchased 6/27/09 had 18k on it when we bought it.

everyone use 5w-30 oil in odyssey.

is there a way to turn the minder OFF? whats the pattern of steps?

thanks
    08 Odyssey Touring Weathertech bug/stone guard and gray floor liners 1st/2nd rows
    05 Acura TSX ABP nonNavi / A-spec drop/ Aspec body kit/ Mugen grill / 18" Rays Ggames 77wolfs in silver / Progress RSB / Blue LED interior conversion / PIAA exterior bulbs

Originally posted by odyblue11
    just got our A 1,2 service minder today, we have only had the van for about 5k miles were at apprx 23,000 now.

08 touring, just purchased 6/27/09 had 18k on it when we bought it.

everyone use 5w-30 oil in odyssey.

is there a way to turn the minder OFF? whats the pattern of steps?

thanks
    It appears your van is under warranty. Even though 5w-30 may work, it may be better to use either 0w-20 or 5w-20 (the recommended weight) during the warranty period. If you have an engine issue and they see that you're putting in a heavier than recommended oil, you could be in for a fight with Honda. If the dealer put in the oil regularly, you might be in that grey area.

Also, "everyone" doesn't use 5w-30. I use 0w-20.

I use 5W-20, and they stamped it on the filler cap in case I forget!
    Patrick
    2007 EX Silver Pearl + 17' Casita Trailer (2007-2011)
    Don't anthropomorphize your Odyssey, it doesn't like it.

ok, was just going off what was on the thread about the 5w-30.

anybody know what steps or sequence is needed to turn the minder off?
    08 Odyssey Touring Weathertech bug/stone guard and gray floor liners 1st/2nd rows
    05 Acura TSX ABP nonNavi / A-spec drop/ Aspec body kit/ Mugen grill / 18" Rays Ggames 77wolfs in silver / Progress RSB / Blue LED interior conversion / PIAA exterior bulbs

Originally posted by odyblue11
    ok, was just going off what was on the thread about the 5w-30.

anybody know what steps or sequence is needed to turn the minder off?
    The steps are listed in the owner's manual. Or you can search for the terms reset and maintenance and minder as they've been posted on here quite a few times and then some.

Oh. And 5W30 is just fine and I just switched to it this past weekend on my oddy with about 13K on the clock.
    When I use this smilie ===> I am NOT calling you stupid.

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Customer Acceptance Checklist
    alexmish1's Rattle Kill

thanks DV

12. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements