Dealership has better tires than Michelin...?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dealership has better tires than Michelin...?

Dealership has better tires than Michelin...?

Back in '09, I took my wife's '07 Accord to have it Inspected at a local honda delaership.

Anyhow, I'm walking in the door to talk to the clerk, and I see a woman about 25 ft. away walking towards the door. She's on her cell phone and taking her good'ol time getting to the doorway, and yes, she saw me holding the door. I'm waiting, and she walks right past me without even saying "Thank You"

As I'm paying for the service, I overhear another salesmen telling the woman that she needs a new tire for her Honda Pilot. She asks the cost, and then almost drops to the floor when they tell her what they charge. She asks them what a normal tire shop charges, and he tells her this...

"The tires that we buy from Michelin are much better than what they sell to the public in other stores. They sell them to us at a high, but fair price, and we only charge YOU a small amount more that what we purchased them for. The sidewalls on the tires we buy from them are much thicker, the tread depth is deeper, and the tire will last much longer".

I was going to say something to the lady, but since she was so ignorant to me, I ignored it...just like she ignored me! She bought their lame-*** story too.

One of the other sales reps saw my facial expression as I heard that, and he tried telling me that all of that was a true story. I just laughed at him and walked out.

The Dealership was Sloane Honda, in Philadelphia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

hahahaha...... DUMB Salesman...

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyman View Post
    Back in '09, I took my wife's '07 Accord to have it Inspected at a local honda delaership.

Anyhow, I'm walking in the door to talk to the clerk, and I see a woman about 25 ft. away walking towards the door. She's on her cell phone and taking her good'ol time getting to the doorway, and yes, she saw me holding the door. I'm waiting, and she walks right past me without even saying "Thank You"

As I'm paying for the service, I overhear another salesmen telling the woman that she needs a new tire for her Honda Pilot. She asks the cost, and then almost drops to the floor when they tell her what they charge. She asks them what a normal tire shop charges, and he tells her this...

"The tires that we buy from Michelin are much better than what they sell to the public in other stores. They sell them to us at a high, but fair price, and we only charge YOU a small amount more that what we purchased them for. The sidewalls on the tires we buy from them are much thicker, the tread depth is deeper, and the tire will last much longer".

I was going to say something to the lady, but since she was so ignorant to me, I ignored it...just like she ignored me! She bought their lame-*** story too.

One of the other sales reps saw my facial expression as I heard that, and he tried telling me that all of that was a true story. I just laughed at him and walked out.

The Dealership was Sloane Honda, in Philadelphia.
    LOL! Although sometimes the dealer prices on tires are not that bad.It depends on the dealer. My local Honda dealer, their price for replacement Michelin tires was overall only $20 more then the local BJ's, which had very good pricing. Sometimes the quality (installation and how they treat your rims/car) at the cheap tires places isn't the greatest. For $20 total more, I will go to the dealer in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by ceper View Post
    hahahaha...... DUMB Salesman...
    No, smart (if somewhat dishonest) salesman.

Stupid customer for believing that line of bovine excrement.
    05 EX-L, Ocean Mist (BlueBelle)
    08 Camry Hybrid, Silver (Hal-le)

Quote Originally Posted by dgipalo View Post
    No, smart (if somewhat dishonest) salesman.

Stupid customer for believing that line of bovine excrement.
    true...

Blog Entries
    If Someone's mouth is moving in a Honda Dealership......it is telling Lies.

Rule of thumb.........Never....ever...ever get your tires or battery at the dealer.

Unless you enjoy a good sexual assult
    King of Custom Pedals
    04 Odyssey (9.67mpg mix) 27mpg Highway- Go figure GONE
    12 Quest SL
    12 Altima 3.5 SR
    91 MR2

8. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements