Best tires for odyssey?
NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

    Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Best tires for odyssey?

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    BOSTON
    Posts
    1

    Best tires for odyssey?

    We have a 2007 Odyssey EX. This is our 2nd set of Michelin mx4 tires. I am not impressed with them and want to go with something better. What do you recommend?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kenora ontario
    Posts
    176
    Not a big fam of michelin , have had good luck with BFG on other vehicles

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    285
    As dvpatel would say; "Use the search function!" In the Accessories Forum and within the "Wheels Tires and Suspension" discussion you will find this thread: New Tires for 2005+ Odyssey (Share your Experience)
    Just go to last few pages and you will receive too much information on other tires for the 2005-2010 3rd Generation (which your Ody is) vans, including alternatives to the superb Michelin Energy LX4s. That's how I found out about some other options, along with looking at Tire Rack and other retailer websites
    08 EX Slate Green Metallic w/ Olive Interior
    09 Civic LX (wish it was an Si)
    07 Accord SE V6 AT MY car, I love it!
    02 Insight CVT (!!!) Wife flew to MS to get it from dealer. Don't ask me why. NO logical explanation.
    01 Insight CVT (RIP) Wife had MVC,totaled it. She is no longer in mourning

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    2
    We still have the OEM tires on our van but my 06 Impala I installed Yokohama Avid Touring and love them on my car. They hold the road well low road noise and are good in the snow(as good as all season tire can be, not as good as snow tires). I bet you can find them for around $100 a tire.

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Justice, IL
    Posts
    32
    Just changed stock Michelins on my 07 to Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring. It's been great so far. Much quieter for sure. Good traction, great looking tire.

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by gova View Post
    Just changed stock Michelins on my 07 to Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring. It's been great so far. Much quieter for sure. Good traction, great looking tire.
    *thumbs up* (since we have no thumbs up emoticon available)
    08 EX Slate Green Metallic w/ Olive Interior
    09 Civic LX (wish it was an Si)
    07 Accord SE V6 AT MY car, I love it!
    02 Insight CVT (!!!) Wife flew to MS to get it from dealer. Don't ask me why. NO logical explanation.
    01 Insight CVT (RIP) Wife had MVC,totaled it. She is no longer in mourning

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Posts
    34
    I too have the Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread on my 07 EXL. They are sooooooo much more quiet compared to the crap that was on there before hand.

    The handling is a bit washy, but sets in nicely. Gas mileage is a tad better than the snow and ice tires from Firestone that were on there before hand. We, like many others, use ours for road trips and the noise reduction has been a huge welcome to our family. We have about 14k on this set of tires so far and I have to say they feel and look as though they did the day we had them installed.

    One thing I will caution you on. The wet handling has been on par with the Firestone pieces of crap from before. While we haven't hydroplaned any (and we have driven in some massively severe storms) I have noticed that the front end slides on low speed sharp corners.

    Take that info for what it is worth to you. In the end, unless something better comes out, I will likely buy this set of tires again to put on there.

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    attleboro,ma
    Posts
    58
    I did quite a bit of research and settled for cs4 cooper on my camry and got to say i am very impressed. made my 2007 camry quiet , bridgestone was a hollar. on the 08 van we have hanook optima - we got the van 3 weeks ago and the dealer put new ones as part of reconditioning preowned and new brakes . I like them they are bit hard compared to the cs4 and a bit lounder. cs4 are the quietest tires i have had.we live in the north east so they all weather is good. I am comparing them to mx4 on my jetta and sonta , goodyear ,bridgestone tourances ofcourse.
    I think michelin is real good company i run there pilot roads 2 on my motorcycle and get amazing mileage for a motorcycle tires given the road trips i go on and throw in a few track days when low temp and triple digit riding is involved.

    the tire tech has come so far , you do not see it in cars but in motorcycles we do. the cheapest chinese tire i use now on one of my other bikes is the top racing quality from 5 yrs ago.... go with what you loike and use search,

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    mn
    Posts
    11
    On my 2nd set of the Goodyears. Great tire all around and much better than michelins and cheaper. Get 40-45k out of a set....

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London, ON
    Posts
    47
    I threw on Pirelli Scorpion Verdes which have been great so far in poor weather. They're no noiser than the pax tires they replaced and handle very well. For anybody overly concerned about the load rating of their tires these are a great option.

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    attleboro,ma
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunky View Post
    I too have the Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread on my 07 EXL. They are sooooooo much more quiet compared to the crap that was on there before hand.

    The handling is a bit washy, but sets in nicely. Gas mileage is a tad better than the snow and ice tires from Firestone that were on there before hand. We, like many others, use ours for road trips and the noise reduction has been a huge welcome to our family. We have about 14k on this set of tires so far and I have to say they feel and look as though they did the day we had them installed.

    One thing I will caution you on. The wet handling has been on par with the Firestone pieces of crap from before. While we haven't hydroplaned any (and we have driven in some massively severe storms) I have noticed that the front end slides on low speed sharp corners.

    Take that info for what it is worth to you. In the end, unless something better comes out, I will likely buy this set of tires again to put on there.

    Shulky the snow/wet traction are one of the main reason i stay away from the assurance. I live near boston and sleet/train/snow traction are very crutial for me.I use tire rack for research before deciding on tires. good year assurance on wet are scary .Its because of the sidewall construction on good year. they offer less support on heavier vechiles for some reason.
    Last edited by silverfz; 02-18-2012 at 07:30 PM.

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    21
    I've got Goodyear Assurance Comfortread on my '10 Odysset Touring with about 10k miles on the tireas already. Love them. These are quiet and ride nicely. Looking forward to many happy miles.
    MSK

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    285
    ^^^^^^^But aren't you afraid about placing yourself and your family in mortal danger every time it rains or snows?!?!?!? Come on people, they (the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring) aren't THAT bad in the rain, can't be any worse than the POS Michelins that originally came on the vehicles!
    08 EX Slate Green Metallic w/ Olive Interior
    09 Civic LX (wish it was an Si)
    07 Accord SE V6 AT MY car, I love it!
    02 Insight CVT (!!!) Wife flew to MS to get it from dealer. Don't ask me why. NO logical explanation.
    01 Insight CVT (RIP) Wife had MVC,totaled it. She is no longer in mourning

  15. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    attleboro,ma
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoOdyZantac View Post
    ^^^^^^^But aren't you afraid about placing yourself and your family in mortal danger every time it rains or snows?!?!?!? Come on people, they (the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring) aren't THAT bad in the rain, can't be any worse than the POS Michelins that originally came on the vehicles!
    As i mentioned the tire tech has come so far then 5 yrs ago.....last time i ran chinese shinko`s these where 1/3rd the cost of michelin power in the track. i did not see the huge drop off of any kind.Non what so ever.
    i run hannok 727 and cannot tell the huge dropoff in driving conditions

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfz View Post
    Shulky the snow/wet traction are one of the main reason i stay away from the assurance. I live near boston and sleet/train/snow traction are very crutial for me.I use tire rack for research before deciding on tires. good year assurance on wet are scary .Its because of the sidewall construction on good year. they offer less support on heavier vechiles for some reason.

    Yeah, I can definitely understand what you mean. I live in southern Tn so there isn't too much danger here for the white stuff. Even when there is some the place shuts down like crazy. Sad really. People just have no clue how to drive in it.

    I haven't had a chance yet to try it on the powder/slush. If I had to do over again, I would still but the tire. They are all around great for how we use it.


  17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements
     

Similar Threads

  1. 4th Generation Odyssey OEM tires (2011+ Odyssey topics)
    By dusty179 in forum 2011 + Odyssey
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2011, 10:39 PM
  2. Tires for my Odyssey
    By rman in forum 1999 - 2004 Odyssey
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 12:35 AM
  3. What tires would you get for your odyssey?
    By jaywu in forum 2005 - 2010 Odyssey
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 10:37 AM
  4. What would be the best tires to put on the 04 Odyssey?
    By Mary in forum Wheels, Tires, and Suspension
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 09:00 AM
  5. Odyssey LX Tires
    By PGovil in forum Wheels, Tires, and Suspension
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-19-2002, 12:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2