Best tyres for 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best tyres for 2005 Honda Odyssey EX

Exclamation Best tyres for 2005 Honda Odyssey EX

Hey guys, its time I change the tires of my 2005 EX. However, I just don't know what tire to choose considering the countless options.

I would need some help from you guys who are alot more experienced and some whom have been in this forum for a really long time. Here are my common criteria:

1) 10,000 miles of commuting that are usually from school and back daily. Mostly highway cruising, though.
    2) No snow in my country (Singapore), just a lot of rain in certain months.
    3) Usually carry 6 people (range from 45 - 78kgs).
    4) Must be very safe in both dry and wet (no hydroplaning at approx. 60mph).
    5) As quiet and comfortable as possible. Handling wise, just moderate will do.
    6) Budget: $130USD/pc.

Also, could you provide me with some reliable websites that also offer international shipping to Singapore?

Please help me out! Any help is appreciated. Thanks a alot in advance! *cheers*

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

IMO there is not a better wet road tire than the Goodyear TripleTred. I am on my second set and they last about 60k for me because I don't run them past about 5/32. It is not a soft riding tire, but it cant be beat for wet traction, a trade off I am willing to make knowing the grip is steady as a rock in the rain.
    30 year career of car sales and related industry
    2006 EX-L Slate Green Metallic - Purchased new Dec 2005, totaled May 2013 at 166K
    2007 EX-L NAV RES Slate Green Metallic - purchased May 2013 with 113K

I have an 05 as well. When I bought it it had Hankook H727s on it and they were all bald in the middle of the tire. Not sure if the previous owner ran them over inflated or a tire issue. Took it to my suspension/alignment guy that does that type of work for me and he said the suspension was fine and alignment good. I went with his suggestion for tires - Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring Tiger Paw Touring | Uniroyal Tire and are happy with them.

I've heard good things about Michelin Defenders but those are out of your price range.

Don't know about international shipping for tires. Since you are in China you can probably get Toyos and Kumhos cheaper than we can over here.
    2005 Ody EX-L RES NAV 155K - First Honda

Thanks for your input guys. How much are te Michellin Defender XT? Heard that they are #1?
    Honda Odyssey 2005 EX.

Blessed-did you try looking here:New Tires for 2005+ Odyssey (Share your Experience) ? Many posts on "tyres" there for the 2005 Honda Odyssey (LX,EX and EX-L and Touring models in the North American market) and despite the American spelling I assure you that the most recent posts in this thread will address your question. Search and ye will find, post and you may not get an answer!
    Last edited by GeoOdyZantac; 05-20-2013 at 05:54 PM.
    08 EX Slate Green Metallic w/ Olive Interior
    09 Civic LX (wish it was an Si)
    07 Accord SE V6 AT MY car, I love it!
    02 Insight CVT (!!!) Wife flew to MS to get it from dealer. Don't ask me why. NO logical explanation.
    01 Insight CVT (RIP) Wife had MVC,totaled it. She is no longer in mourning

I have had very good success with Michelin Primacy MXV4 on my 2002. I have just put on a second set. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt253 View Post
    I have had very good success with Michelin Primacy MXV4 on my 2002. I have just put on a second set. Good luck.
    sgt253 -this tire IS an excellent tire, but it does not come in sizes that fit the 3rd Gen Ody, which is what the OP has. That's why I suggested he search here: New Tires for 2005+ Odyssey (Share your Experience) to find information on tires that do come in the size for his vehicle. However, as he does not appear to know how to use the Search function, I will mention that the two tyres I would look at for a 2005 Ody in the Canada/USA market are the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring and the Michelin Defender, and not necessarily in that order. I have read that Goodyear TripleTreds are not a good fit w/ Odys and the OEM Michelin Energy LX4's are crappy, one of the worst tires that Michelin makes.
    08 EX Slate Green Metallic w/ Olive Interior
    09 Civic LX (wish it was an Si)
    07 Accord SE V6 AT MY car, I love it!
    02 Insight CVT (!!!) Wife flew to MS to get it from dealer. Don't ask me why. NO logical explanation.
    01 Insight CVT (RIP) Wife had MVC,totaled it. She is no longer in mourning

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements