Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Winter dePAX, new member

4K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  06OdyTouring 
#1 ·
Hello, all. My name is Andrew. My wife and I have an 06 Odyssey Touring. As most of you most likely know, minivans make the best people movers. We have three children (so far!) And travel quite a bit. I love the van but, like most of you, hate the PAX system.

I am going to get some winter tires soon for the coming season (hope to have a lot of snow!). I haven't officially decided which tires to get, or what size for that matter.

I did pick up a pretty clean set of 17" Ridgeline/Pilot steel wheels this past weekend off of Craigslist. Got the whole set with TPMS for $240. They had some rust on them, so I am in the process of refinishing them. I will be updating this post regularly if there is interest with the progress I make.

Here are the first few pics to get interest up! Got 3 coats of primer on tonight.

Also, for those that have 17" winter tires, what size did you go with and which tire in particular? From my initial research, I am looking at 235/60 and 225/65...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
No one interested? Lol.

Got some more work done on the wheels tonight. Got on two good coats of the black hammered texture and got the first coat of silver on the center caps. I'm thinking it might end up looking like a cop car! The wife really wanted the black though!

Here are some progress pics.

Attachments

#3 ·
Finished the painting a few days ago. Here are the final pics.

Tires ordered from TireRack. Ended up going with 235/60/17 Blizzak WS80. Figured I'd give "the best" a shot. There are only a few options available in that size and they were actually the middle priced tires. They should be here Thursday.

Attachments

#4 ·
Tires were delivered on time, but I'm been super busy with graduate school and my wife had our 3rd baby a few weeks ago...

I hope to have the tires mounted this weekend. I will post up pics once they are ready to go.

It will probably be another few weeks before I swap the tires, but it is starting to get a little chilly here in OH...

#9 ·
Thanks so much! I'm really liking the look too. Car rides great and feels lighter and has slightly quicker turn-in.

TPMS synced up in after about 4 minutes of slow to medium speed driving. I was so happy when I saw them register! Glad that the touring model sends a signal by itself without having to have them reset.

Definitely work it. IMO. Possible snow showers this week and more than likely by the end of the year. I'm looking forward to trying out the Blizzaks!

#15 ·
Gen4 have steelies, just not much seem cause only the LX uses them, same as gen3.
Will not order hubcab, between the steelies, lugnuts, and winter tires, it's already costing a lot.
Thinking of painting it silver, to match the white Ody.
CB=Center Bolt, the center diameter, after much research, pretty sure they will fit at 64mm.

#16 ·
Glad I found this thread, so thanks for posting Andrew. I am about to do the same on my 06 Touring. Have located the 17" steel rims that came off a '13 Pilot. Exactly the same as in the above pictures. Question is on the lug nuts. Can I use my original ones?

how did your ody perform last winter with this setup?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.