Need to reset TPMS?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need to reset TPMS?

Need to reset TPMS?

Searching through the internet I found the following forum posting, can anyone confirm if it is true? I plan on buying a separate set of 17" rims with TPMS installed for winter tires on my 2008 Odyssey Touring but the post below has me concerned. It can't be true can it?

"If you are dumb enough to buy a Honda Odyssey in Canada, you will probably want a separate set of snow tires on separate rims.When you put the new snow tires cw new rims the TPMS warning light goes on...when the TPMS light is on Honda advises that the Electronic Stability Control is no longer functional.So the Honda dealer has to recalibrate the TPMS system for the new snow tires...cost is about $150 each time you want to change from winter to summer tires.What a rip-off.
    TPMS is just a way to increase dealer service profit. BEWARE, you cannot change snow tires on your own.I used to buy Honda , but NEVER again.Also they will not sell cars to Canadians in the USA and charge $10,000us more for the same car in Canada( eg.Honda CRV)"

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

If you have a Touring that has TPS that reports individual tire pressures and not the "dumb" system the LX & EX models have, the TPS will reset itself. Just make sure you get the right Touring TPS wheel sensors installed on the rims. For the correct part number, see the first page of the big MDX wheels cure for PAX thread. (yes I know Canadian Tourings did not come with PAX)

egads -
    I'm getting an 09 Ody EX.
    Want to get an extra set of wheels and snows...
    So you suggest get the TPMS sensors from a touring model - but aren't the sensors the same and the computer that's different?
    Jon Lee

Originally posted by Jonathan Lee
    egads -
    I'm getting an 09 Ody EX.
    Want to get an extra set of wheels and snows...
    So you suggest get the TPMS sensors from a touring model - but aren't the sensors the same and the computer that's different?
    egads is like a fart in the wind...gone.
    2004 TL
    2000 Ody

I just swap the winters onto the same rims - I don't like the look of the cheap winter rims 6 months of the year, so I run the same rims year round with the sensors, and swap tires. I know it might be a bit more expensive in the long run, but I'm OK with that.
    2014 Odyssey Touring
    VMI Wheelchair Conversion
    Alabaster Silver Metallic

2008 Odyssey Touring
    Metallic Mocha
    VMI Wheelchair Conversion

Originally posted by brokenarrow
    I just swap the winters onto the same rims - I don't like the look of the cheap winter rims 6 months of the year, so I run the same rims year round with the sensors, and swap tires. I know it might be a bit more expensive in the long run, but I'm OK with that.
    Move to the lower mainland and you need "cheap winter rims" for 6 weeks.
    2004 TL
    2000 Ody

I'm not a big fan of winter (except when skiing) but I'm not moving.
    Ever, if I can help it. I'll leave this house in my wooden pajamas.

Wheels don't have to be ugly.
    I guess what wheels look nice and what don't is pretty subjective.
    I saw some wheels on Tire Rack - one was $97 each that looked fine to me (Elbrus 102). I say no to steelies.

Had a Dodge Caravan POS. Came with steels and hub caps. Broke 2 hc getting flats. Had a set of 4 stolen when we did a scout sleepover on the Massachusetts. A lot full of cars - they steal our hc. They got what, $20 for them? But buying replacements cost far more than they're worth.

Would also consider take-offs - Honda or other - if I could find them on craigslist or ebay and if they cost less than $97 each. Still have to pony up for a set of sensors though. And the rubber.
    Jon Lee

Switching rubber on the same wheels
    I think that isn't so good for the tires,
    it costs to dismount and mount - and 2x a year. That'll add up. W/ 2 sets I can jack the car up and change them myself. Once I win the Powerball jackpot, well, then I'll get somebody else to do that for me.
    Jon Lee

10. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements