So Disappointed in my dealer, time to find a new one.
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So Disappointed in my dealer, time to find a new one.

So Disappointed in my dealer, time to find a new one.

I've been using the same service center in a dealership for my Honda for 4 years now, and now I plan to go elsewhere for service.

Today, they performed my requested service, and then when I went to my car to drive away, I found they had applied Dealer advertising on my car - both license plate frames, and a giant dealer decal on the back. To be clear, I did not purchase it here, I own my vehicle, it is not on any documentation, and at no time was I asked for permission to do this.

I walked out to my car, saw it all, and had a fit. Apparently it's a new rule that ALL vehicles going to this dealer for service have other dealer emblems removed and replaced with theirs, and any blank vehicles get all this crap applied to the cars. This is completely unacceptable. To make things worse, I would have to remind them BEFORE EVERY SERVICE to not add it to my car.

They were great while it lasted, but now I'll be heading to a closer dealer that doesn't do this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Wtf? Thats the stupidest thing I ever heard. Did you talk with the service manager?
    2017 Honda Odyssey TE - VCMuzzler - OEM Footwell LED Mod - LED Rear Reflectors -
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers - Tuned

That sucks. A local Ohio dealer did the same to my sister's Nissan. It had California plates and frames on it and when she was visiting me in Ohio she took it in for service and they took off the Cali frames and put the Ohio ones on. She threw a fit and made them put the old ones back on.
    2008 Odyssey Ex

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I believe what happened can technically be classified as vandalism...
    2014 Honda Odyssey EXL-RES, Metallic Steel/ Gray, Purchased 11-8-2013. So glad to be back in an Odyssey!

Spoke to the service manager and he was apologetic, it was a rule that came down from the owner, and that they got in trouble if cars were in their service bay without the dealer name on them by the time they left. One of the others took me aside and said I might want to contact the police and tell them my car was tagged at the dealer. Clearly they're not fans of it either because they have to deal with the irate customer in person.

Yes, 1st world problem for sure - but this is unacceptable shenanigans.

Metro21, I was thinking the same. I also didn't know til just now what it meant to be 'tagged'. So yeah, same thing.

First contact your local news station and then the police, that will teach them a good lesson.
    2017 Honda Odyssey TE - VCMuzzler - OEM Footwell LED Mod - LED Rear Reflectors -
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers - Tuned

I would be furious too. When I bought mine, I told them to not apply the dealer logo to the tailgate nor to install their licence plate frames. The van was delivered without any of it. (Not saying you should have told them too - you had no way of knowing they would do it. Just saying that it's a common gimmick. Maybe most owners don't even notice IDK.)

Complain to the one who made the decision: the owner. He should at least remove the junk. He should also comp you an oil change in hopes of having you come back. Repeat customers are the key to any successful business.

Dave
    2002 Odyssey EX Fern (Granite) Green
    Honda hood protector, stainless steel flex brake lines, Honda block heater, AC condenser screen, Zymol wax
    141,000 miles/227,000 kilometres; original transmission; Amsoil MV ATF since 79,000 miles/127,000 kilometres; Magnefine aux ATF filter; Honda aux ATF cooler; 18 drain and fills

I always stipulate no dealer badging whatsoever on my vehicle before I buy it. They always 'forget', but I don't sign a thing until full inspection. So, yeah I expect this on a new purchase, but not on just any car being serviced at the location.

I spoke to the police, who said it was just plain wrong, and that they were considering going and having 'a chat' with someone there. Also, I submitted a complaint on their website yesterday afternoon, and the general manager called me this morning to apologize for the mess, to please consider staying with them, and next time I need service, call him directly and he'd have my next standard service "taken care of".

I'm happy they're trying to make amends, and the police officer was very nice too. Now, just deciding if I want to go back there. Thanks for the rant space, glad I'm not the only person who would get annoyed by this.

Dave, you're correct. You buy a car once every few years. Service? multiple times a year, and that's where they make the $. It would behoove them to keep their long-time customers happy, especially in the day of internet and yelp.

Cheers!

I am probably more bold than the average customer because of my background, but I would leave a message for the owner to call me and deliver the message straight to him. I would not expect to have to inform them before every service visit that I don't want their advertising crap on my vehicle and I too would consider it vandalism if they add a sticker. I have my own plate frames and if they took mine off I would consider it theft and report it as such.
    30 year career of car sales and related industry
    2006 EX-L Slate Green Metallic - Purchased new Dec 2005, totaled May 2013 at 166K
    2007 EX-L NAV RES Slate Green Metallic - purchased May 2013 with 113K

12. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread