Road trip to Maine and Massachusetts
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Road trip to Maine and Massachusetts

Road trip to Maine and Massachusetts

My wife, my daughter and I recently got back from a nice road trip to Maine & Massachusetts. We visited Acadia National Park, Belfast Maine, Norfolk Mass, Boston Mass and Cape Code Mass. With the odyclub in mind.. I took a few shots of our 2010 Ody to post here. These were all taken from Acadia National Park which is a beautiful place with many breathtaking views! I highly recommend a trip there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by james1787; 06-12-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    2010 Blue Honda Odyssey Braunability Entervan (lowered floor side entry wheelchair van)
    2002 Gold Honda Odyssey, the "hot spare" (wheelchair platform lift in back)

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like a super fun trip! Funny - We drove to Acadia and Boston June of last year! Only we drove all the way from Texas and stopped at other places in between. The most memorable place was probably the Corvette factory in Kentucky. Round trip was more than 5000 miles, and the Odyssey didn't break down at all (thought this year's trip was a different story).

DSC_0584.jpgDSC_0630e.jpgDSC_0688.jpgDSC_0311.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wife, daughter, and I used to go to Maine quite often and always went to Acadia National Park. Last time was about 4 years ago as my wife wanted to go one more time as she had cancer and didn't know how long she had left. She fought it for 13 years and sadly it got her on January 9th, 2015, just 3 weeks before our granddaughter was born. She wanted so much to see her born and help raise her if possible. Our son and daughter-in-law named the baby Katelyn Johnda, which was my wife's first name.
    2016 Odyssey, EX-L, Smoky Topaz Metallic

06 Ford Ranger Ext. cab Sport

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Bill, seems like your wife was a strong person. May she rest in peace.

Dave
    2002 Odyssey EX Fern (Granite) Green
    Honda hood protector, stainless steel flex brake lines, Honda block heater, AC condenser screen, Zymol wax
    141,000 miles/227,000 kilometres; original transmission; Amsoil MV ATF since 79,000 miles/127,000 kilometres; Magnefine aux ATF filter; Honda aux ATF cooler; 18 drain and fills

Quote Originally Posted by davedrivesody View Post
    Bill, seems like your wife was a strong person. May she rest in peace.

Dave
    Thank you Dave.

Parrots, It was definitely a fun trip! We've had a couple of road trips with the 2010. Maine was a lot of fun and the 2010 performed flawlessly. It has also been to the outer banks and corning NY in prior years. I have yet to take our 2002 on longer weekend trips aside from a few to the in-laws. I'm hoping to get an adventure or two in that this year. I love your pics!

Bill, so sorry about your wife's passing from cancer. I agree with Dave, she seems like she was a strong person. My brother's wife passed away from cancer 8 or 9 years ago.. she fought it for a year before passing away. She was diagnosed right after their daughter graduated from college.
    2010 Blue Honda Odyssey Braunability Entervan (lowered floor side entry wheelchair van)

Quote Originally Posted by james1787 View Post
    Parrots, It was definitely a fun trip! We've had a couple of road trips with the 2010. Maine was a lot of fun and the 2010 performed flawlessly. It has also been to the outer banks and corning NY in prior years. I have yet to take our 2002 on longer weekend trips aside from a few to the in-laws. I'm hoping to get an adventure or two in that this year. I love your pics!

Bill, so sorry about your wife's passing from cancer. I agree with Dave, she seems like she was a strong person. My brother's wife passed away from cancer 8 or 9 years ago.. she fought it for a year before passing away. She was diagnosed right after their daughter graduated from college.
    Thank you James. Just saw your post tonight. Cancer is evil and really sucks. My Father had it too.

On a brighter note, I now have a girlfriend, well, actually my fiancee, and she wants to go to New England, specifically Maine, so we're hoping for an October trip to see the sights, including whale watching, and the fall colors.

Hi Bill, just saw your post today. Yup agreed.. cancer definitely sucks

Congrats on your engagement! My brother also remarried several years ago. That sounds like you will have a great trip heading up in the fall as the leaves change. My wife and I love Maine and New England.. so many beautiful places to go up there. We're not quite sure where we are heading this year.. I am hoping to get a road trip or two in..

11. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread