Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Easy Care vs. Honda Care

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  athiker 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard of EasyCare?

I purchased an 06 EX-L/DVD/NAV and was about to purchase the HondaCare through Ericka when the dealer showed me the brochure. It is a comprehensive program that the finance guy said rivaled HondaCare, although I am leary... also, when I told him Ericka's quoted price for a 7/100 he told me "go with them" and then made a remark about checking to see if it was real because "you can't sell a 7/100 at that price."

Funny how easily the professionals can get flustered!

#2 ·
I have no experience with easy care, but I did just buy my daughter a used Civic than has some non HondaCare extended warranty. Looking through the seller's repair invoices it seems that he could not use it anywhere but the selling dealer unless he was at least 40 miles away. What a pain in the butt. He had three or four Honda dealers closer to his home and work, but had to keep going back to the selling dealer to get stuff done. I will probably go ahead and pay the small fee to have it transfered to me, but if it was HondaCare I would have paid him even more for the car. There have been some other discussions of this on here over the years. My take then and now is Honda Care is a no questions asked all Honda parts plan. With everything else, even if they supposedly cover more is just a hassle.

#3 ·
I have no knowledge of that particular company but I had a 3rd party warranty for my Trooper and it worked fine for two issues...then the company went belly up. I had to eat the last repair. I bought the policy directly from the Isuzu dealer at time of vehicle purchase. They basically told me tough luck...offered me a small discount on the part!:rolleyes:

I've been told that 3rd party companies come and go fairly regularly. Like I said, I don't know this company, but I won't ever buy one again that is not from the mfg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.