Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Best Honda Care Extended Warranty Prices

620K views 1K replies 452 participants last post by  ek9cusco 
#1 ·
I thought I'd consolodate all the best Honda Care prices in one thread so new folks can find it. Now if a moderator can make it 'sticky' that would be awesome.

If any other dealer wants to match these, feel free to post the info.

This is kinda long:

Honest Warranty Sales Thread

2002EXODY on 1/31/02 said:

FYI here is a price list from Tracy and her number if anyone else is interested.

Tracy McCrystal 800-264-3275.

Odyssey w/less than 12,000 miles and <1yr old

7/100,000/0 $875
6/100,000/0 $755
5/100,000/0 $665
7/75,000/0 $655
6/75,000/0 $625
5/75,000/0 $575
5/60,000/0 $465
4/60,000/0 $415

Honest Warranty Sales II Thread

Originally posted by 2002EXODY on 3/01/02
Thanks to Sareef, I did some research and have talked to Michelle at Stevenson-Lumberton Honda in NC and have gotten us better pricing then Tracy's offering.

Word of warning, Michelle is not net saavy so calling her is the only option now. She said she will be learning to use e-mail etc.

She also wanted to clarify Sareef's post was incorrect about pricing on Honda Care. He confused the Honda Care warranty pricing with a 3rd party warranty.

Here is the pricing I have her quoting for us.

Odyssey:

7/100,000/0 $865
6/100,000/0 $735
5/100,000/0 $635
7/75,000/0 $645
6/75,000/0 $605
5/75,000/0 $545
5/60,000/0 $459
4/60,000/0 $399

No surchage for vehicles under 24 month/24,000 miles.

Surcharges for vehicles between 24 months/24,000 miles and 36 months/36,000 miles is $60.

Surcharges for vehicles between 36 months/36,000 miles and 42 months/42,000 miles is $160.

I thought it was peculiar that Tracy is charging surcharges after the 12/12k miles and Michelle does not. When I asked Michelle about if she was sure about the surcharges, she said she is reading it directly from the Honda Care book for surcharges.

My impression is she was very forthright with information when I asked her a question.

If you want to ask speak to Michelle you can contact her at:

800-849-9871 or 910-739-9871
http://www.motorplace.com/stevenson-hm/

Again thanks Sareef for letting us know about Michelle.

More Honda Care Facts from a Honda Finance Manager Thread

Originally posted by Donna 4/16/02
I'm happy to anwer any questions that you may have concerning Honda Care Extended Warranties, and I'll post my prices below for easy reference (for the first time!). The prices posted are $40 above dead cost on all plans. I'm in Maryland and there will be no sales tax charged to the buyer. You can pay by check or credit card, and there is no fee for using your credit card!

There is only one state in the US where I cannot sell a Honda Care Extended Warranty. Due to Florida state laws regulating licensing of warranty sales, I cannot sell Honda Care to Florida residents (unless they have another residence in a state other than Florida). Also, Honda Care cannot be sold to those of you who live in Canada with Canadian-spec vehicles. The warranty in Canada is called Honda Plus, which is not offered in the US.

Here are my prices on the different plans - ALL ARE $0 deductible Honda Care Extended Warranties on the Odyssey (no matter which type):

4 yr/ 60,000 mile - $395

5 yr/ 60,000 mile - $455
5 yr/ 75,000 mile - $545
5 yr/100,000 mile - $635

6 yr/ 75,000 mile - $600
6 yr/100,000 mile - $735

7 yr/ 75,000 mile - $645
7 yr/100,000 mile - $865

You can purchase the Honda Care Warranty until 42 mos or 42,000 miles but there are surcharges for time and miles as follows, plus Honda Care costs may change every January 1 (that's when new Dealer Rates are issued).

after 24 mos or 24,000 miles - add $60
after 36 mos or 36,000 miles - add $160

My email address is ardeagirl@yahoo.com and my toll free phone number is 1-877-476-4265 X 8011. Please contact me if you have any questions!

Thanks again for your interest!
Donna

#2 ·
Thanks nemogira! (BTW - How do you pronounce that?)

#4 ·
This is great!!!!

My Honda dealership is charging $1179 for the 7/100k/0 extended warranty!! Now I can get add'l accessories by saving over $300.

YOu guys are great!!!

Thanks...:cool:

#7 ·
Does $565 seem to good to be true for the 7/100,00/0 plan?

I purchased a Certified 2001 Ody EX with 25,000 miles and they initially wanted $1179. When we returned to pick it up after some minor fixes, and the priced dropped to that amount after not initally biting on it.

Should I now take it, or is this a separate plan. Papers seem to indicate that it is the Honda Extended Care plan, but the price drop scares me off?

Thoughts?:confused:

#10 ·
Look again, he got a Certified Ody. The certification includes a 7 yr/100K mile/$0 deductible warranty on the powertrain. The price he was quoted was probably to extend that to the rest of the van. It ought to be lower than the Honda Care because it is less additional coverage.

#11 ·
dgs said:
Look again, he got a Certified Ody. The certification includes a 7 yr/100K mile/$0 deductible warranty on the powertrain. The price he was quoted was probably to extend that to the rest of the van. It ought to be lower than the Honda Care because it is less additional coverage.
Thanks for pointing that out, I completely missed that point. It raises an interesting point, that it costs much more to cover the rest of the vehicle than it does to cover the powertrain. I think that most people's 'gut feel' would be the other way around. In Canada all Honda's come with a 5 year/100,000km powertrain warranty and 3 year/60,000km on the rest of the vehicle. Your point indicates that Honda realises this will cost them very little.

#12 ·
Re: HondaCare price changes?

JayDocDon said:
Just took delivery of our 2002 GG EX-LRES Ody on Saturday. Love it! We're very interested in HondaCare. Does anyone know if the prices quoted here are still current? It's been awhile, several months, since I've seen an update.

Thanks!
Yes, Donna posted the price is good til end of this year, Honda sometime increase price at begaining of the year.

#13 ·
For clarification, is this Honda Care Extended Warranty similar in coverage to the original 3yr/36k mile warranty, or does it only cover major components? Also is it true you get road side assistance with the extended warranty? Thought I saw this somewhere!

If there is a link out there for quick reference, I'd appreciate it.

#14 ·
just mailed my check to donna

Hi folks,

just mailed my check to donna for a 7/100k warranty @ 865!

i'll keep you posted.

#15 ·
pjsurfing said:
For clarification, is this Honda Care Extended Warranty similar in coverage to the original 3yr/36k mile warranty, or does it only cover major components? Also is it true you get road side assistance with the extended warranty? Thought I saw this somewhere!

If there is a link out there for quick reference, I'd appreciate it.
Yes, you ge the road side assistance with extended warranty.

#16 ·
Just purchased my new '02 EX Monday. The F&I manager asked if I wanted the dealers warranty. When I told him I planned to purchase the Honda Care Warranty online he offered to sell that to me instead. I asked him how much markup he wanted since I already knew the dealer cost. He told me $1.00 was all he needed. I though it was too good to be true, but it wasn't. He sold me the 7/100/0 Honda Care for $826.00. That has to be the best price anywhere.:D

#18 ·
My guess is that they are hoping to get some warrantee repair work from you at thier dealership...

#20 ·
fair price?

from what I understand, the finance manager usually gets everything above 875, or a very large percentage, as a commission.

If the finance manager has sold some other products they may give a little on the price of another item....

After much talking with the finance manager, at the dealership I bought my ody, I came to the conclusion that my dealership was not one that cared about a person comming back to buy another car.

The original warranty they wanted to sell me was a GE contract with a "disapearing 100" clause. it was a 100 deductable but if I went to the issuing dealer I would not get charged the deductable... guess the price 1675:mad:..... I bit on 1250 (+tax) for 6/100, 100 deductable:stupid:! and later canciled when I saw the prices in this forum.

My credit union offered me a service contract for 903, but in the end I chose the Honda contract. (better services and cost less)

Just to let you know its about 665 for a civic, if you are buying a honda contract. (7/100) :)

#21 ·
That's pretty good. Just make sure that it's indeed 7/100/0 Honda Care. Did you have to pay extra for the car itself?

Yes it was the actual Honda Care 7/100/0 and no I did not have to pay extra for the car. I shopped for my Ody on price alone and ended up buying from the lowest price in North Carolina. The dealer is Hendrick Honda in Charlotte, NC. They are the largest Honda dealer in NC. I was completly shocked that he would sell me the warranty for virtually no markup. I guess it is just part of their policy or something. It is a great policy since if it leads to referals and repeat customers they will end up making a lot more money on that than they would the markup on the warranty

#22 ·
Can't afford to make a mistake with warranty!

Just got back from dealer and finished paperwork for my '02 EX-L RRP coming in next week! Was dead set not to get an extended warranty no matter what - often been told it's a rip off for new vehicles. He made some good points though, so I'm reconsidering since my plan is to keep this Ody for 8-10 years.

Need some advice. 1) The dealer is offering 7/100,000 for $1,125. Is the warranty from Donna the exact same Honda Warranty the Honda Dealer offers? If so, he lied when he told me it's not possible to get same warranty off the internet :confused: which then leaves me at a loss as to his honesty to begin with, and 2) If $865 is price for same warranty, is it indeed worth it to get?

Help! Can't afford to make a mistake :dunno:

#23 ·
if his lips were moving......Why are some of these guys such bullies?! HondaCare is the name of the warranty and yes, other dealers can sell them to customers via the internet or in person. He's not the only one who can give you this "great deal".

#24 ·
Yes, any dealer can sell you Honda Care warranty. I don't think you are buying it through the internet though, even with Donna. According to the posts on this forum looks like she sends you paper work to fill out, and may be that's what you dealer ment when he said that you can't buy online.
He is still trying to screw you though with such a high price. It's amazing that some dealers trying to sqeeze every penny. They already making huge bucks on the van by selling it at MSRP or just bellow. If you ask me they should be giving warranty for free just to make you feel that you are getting a good deal.

#25 · (Edited)
Re: Can't afford to make a mistake with warranty!

nuodyo said:
Need some advice. 1) The dealer is offering 7/100,000 for $1,125. Is the warranty from Donna the exact same Honda Warranty the Honda Dealer offers? If so, he lied when he told me it's not possible to get same warranty off the internet :confused:
which then leaves me at a loss as to his honesty to begin with
Is he selling you the Ody at MSRP or lower? Is he installing/adding anything on the Ody at high price?

2) If $865 is price for same warranty, is it indeed worth it to get?
Yes, with all the nice toys (power doors, power windows and more)in the Ody, $865 is worth it.

#26 ·
Re: Re: Can't afford to make a mistake with warranty!

JoesYum said:
Is he selling you the Ody at MSRP or lower? Is he installing/adding anything on the Ody at high price?

JoesYum,

Dealer took $710 off MSRP. From what I've heard, that's pretty good considering some dealers are inflating MSRP. I tried to get him to go down even more and he looked at me like I was nuts - I figure it can't hurt to try :D

I did not buy anything additional.

I did some figuring too...AAA Plus membership in my area (which covers same roadside assistance items as HondaCare Warranty) would cost me $511 for 7 years. This makes the 7/100,000 warranty at $865 a steal :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.