How to Replace ball joints on 2002 ?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Replace ball joints on 2002 ?

How to Replace ball joints on 2002 ?

I have been reading here on how to replace a ball joints on hondas,, I have ordered the Ball Joints to replace on mine but I read here somewhere that the arm and ball joints are one piece?

Is this right? or the ball joints come off as a separete part from the arms?

This si an Odyssey 2002 EX I'm wondering if are all the same.

I'm down in South America so I had to order the parts from the US I hope someone can help me on here.

Is there any pics here somewhere on how its done?

Tks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

You will need ball joint press or a hydrallic press to remove old ball joint and press in new one.

So it will come off its not just one whole piece with the Arm right?

I would take the control off the van, and then press out the ball joint, you can buy ball joint press with the correct size dies t press out the joint and press in a new one.
    goodluck

Ok I got the new ball joint to replace the old ones and I installed today,, it was pretty easy, I did take the arm off it was much easir to take the old ones out and new one in.

I also ordered the Roller hinghe for my right sliding door, one of the little white wheels was broken,, that was also pretty easy.

Now some of the noise went away but I still heare some rattling noise,, I dont know what it could be,,, I did find some rubber on top of the spring and on that plate so thats not it I think,,when I move the steering wheel side to side on parking I do hear sonme sor of noise that that could be when I'm drinving it,,,,so any ideas?

Tks!!

here are some pics hope this can also help to some other guys like me that dont knwo much!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

here goes anotehr pic,,, newbie quiestion is there a way to upload more tha none pic at a time?

so anyone????

Should I keep replacing staff like the shocks now? really dont know whar to do or order.

ohh I found this I really got a feeling that the noise its comming from somewhere on top of the suspesnion,, could this be it? I think its called Strut Mount and it looks like this,, sorry for being so newbie I'm not a mechanic but I can do pretty much anything.

And Would like to know what you guys think before I order something since I'm in South America nd its very hard and expensive to get parts for my Oddy all the way down here from the US.

are the struts worn out? are they leaking? how many miles are are your van? do the shocks look original?
    many questions but necessary.
    how do all the bushings look in the suspension/ dry rotted or good to go?
    you may find that if you search this site about front struts many folks have reused their strut mounts as they looked fine.
    are you sure the noise your hearing is not from the brakes?
    Pete

Canadian working south of the border(to many K miles)
    2004 oddy exl 128K miles TB,Wp cw
    2007 accord exl-nav 4 cly std 68K miles

thaks for ur reply,, but I dont think its the breaks I have done the test where it make the noise stepping slow on the breaks and still does it,, I changed the ball joints and I can tell one of the sounds or noise went away but I was almost sure its was going to be something else and it is.

It looks like the arm bushings are gine pretty hard and tight not bad shape I think everything its Original,, I bought the Van in GA in 2006 and it had 47k miles on it had to replace the transmision like 2 weeks later,, now I have 103.000 miles on it nothing has been done to it on the suspension,, it has been a nice van so far but I always heard since I got it some sort of noise but the roads on the US are very nice and down here the roads where I drive really Su#@#,!!

Ohh about your question I think the shoks are original and there is no signs of leaks on the shoks,, there is 2 different sounds I hear and they are always at very slow speed and almost not moving at all,, it looks like the slowe the worst any little bumb or crak on the road makes noise then theres also some sort of rattleing like it hits something and it keeps vibrating on the suspension.

I have a friend going to the US in a few weeks if I knew what to replace I could have him get it there for me.

thanks

12. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements