How to test the transmission soleinoids?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to test the transmission soleinoids?

How to test the transmission soleinoids?

Hey all, I have a 2000 odyssey with 144,000, with a transmission rebuilt according to previous owner. since I dont know how the previous owner took care of the transmission fluid, about a week ago I did 1x drain and fill, cleaned all screens including the lock up solenoid screen (all of them were clean). Drove it for couples days with a shifting improve and no other issues, then engine light came on (p0730 was scanned) now the transmission is slipping real bad between gears, sometimes it stays in neutral I turn off the van and start it backup and drive fine for couple of minutes. fluid looks good and do not smell burn. would like to know the procedure on how to test all solenoids? any help will be apreciated...
    Last edited by odyex27; 03-11-2011 at 10:38 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Hey all, recently troubleshoot all solenoids and everyone came out within the specs except the torque converter solenoid (aka lock up solenoid) resistence is 29.7 to 29.8 and no clicking sound. should this will cause my issue? should be replace?

any help will be apreciated...

Scribid dot com search for doc: 19721454 it has Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve test & replace procedure. covers 99-04
    Labeled as: Test

Might help you:
    " If its P0740 you'll need a trans. for sure (I've done several trannys for P0740 DTCs). If you find a P0700 thats just a generic transmission failure code that most aftermarket scan tools (snap on, mac, etc.) throws because it can't read the specific code. You may need to go to a dealer to get the actual code using an HDS(Honda Diagnostic System). Even the HDS will give a P0700 if you don't go into the trans. diagnostic tools."

Quote Originally Posted by intui View Post
    Scribid dot com search for doc: 19721454 it has Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve test & replace procedure. covers 99-04
    Labeled as: Test

Might help you:
    " If its P0740 you'll need a trans. for sure (I've done several trannys for P0740 DTCs). If you find a P0700 thats just a generic transmission failure code that most aftermarket scan tools (snap on, mac, etc.) throws because it can't read the specific code. You may need to go to a dealer to get the actual code using an HDS(Honda Diagnostic System). Even the HDS will give a P0700 if you don't go into the trans. diagnostic tools."
    Will the ScanGuage give you more specific than a generic code?
    2002 EX-TW ; Weathertechs; Splash; 4X Pioneer 1695's w/ Blaupunkt Casablanca head unit; Hella Supertone Horns; Hitch w/ Transmission & Power Steering Coolers; 2001 Five-spoke Alloy Wheels, California Flames, K&N Air Filter; FilterMag magnetic oil filter; Galaxy DX-959 mobile CB w/ Wilson 1,000 mag mount antenna;Valentine One; Schrader Nickle Plated Brass Valve Stem Caps; Odyssey 1200MJT mil-spec battery.

transmission problems

hey all, thank you for the info it as really helpfull. I tested the lock up solenoid the right way this time and came out good (under specs)
    at this point i haved check everything and nothing comes out wrong.any advice on what to do next? thanks..
    sometimes it slips a little and when you are on the red light it stays on neutral, turn it off and back on and van drives fine for couples minutes
    Last edited by odyex27; 03-19-2011 at 01:37 AM.

If your lucky enough to have access to another v6 honda trans I would swap the suspect solenoids and see what happens. I've done that before and found that even though they tested good the problem went away by swapping the solenoids. (of course I have swapped them and it had no effect also) If you end up needing/wanting new ones I have a complete set with less that 50 miles on them. just let me know

Will your solenoids fit a 99 Odyssey LX also? If so how much, if you still have them of course? What years/models V6 trannys will interchange solenoids?
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jester1020 View Post
    If your lucky enough to have access to another v6 honda trans I would swap the suspect solenoids and see what happens. I've done that before and found that even though they tested good the problem went away by swapping the solenoids. (of course I have swapped them and it had no effect also) If you end up needing/wanting new ones I have a complete set with less that 50 miles on them. just let me know

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements