2nd clutch pressure switch part #?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2nd clutch pressure switch part #?

2nd clutch pressure switch part #?

I've read all the threads and printed the diagrams for location and replacement of the 2nd clutch pressure switch..........can anyone provide vme with the part # and possible best place to purchase this part...........thanks in advance......... 2001 odyssey van.........Steven

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Call several dealers. I say several because one may not quote you the right part..trust me, it happens.

Go online to either of the links below and find the correct one for your van. These guys have the best prices by far to anything I've seen locally and I've never had an issue with either of them. If you can't find the part then call one of them.
    Find Honda Parts and Honda Accessories by Car Model - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories
    Honda Automotive Parts
    Mike
    2000 Odyssey LX
    Trans at 82k -- Tru-cool trans cooler
    DIY Timing Belt at 104k
    Hidden Hitch & Airlift 1000's

Quote Originally Posted by stevenp3762 View Post
    I've read all the threads and printed the diagrams for location and replacement of the 2nd clutch pressure switch..........can anyone provide vme with the part # and possible best place to purchase this part...........thanks in advance......... 2001 odyssey van.........Steven
    Hi Steven,

I would peruse hondapartsnow.com for the 2nd clutch pressure switch. They seem to offer the best prices on OEM Odyssey parts that I've come across thus far

I'll look up the part number for you when I get home from work, should you encounter any difficulties locating it!
    "Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. " -Homer Simpson

thank you kindly gents...............Steven

28600-P7Z-003....i bought it from john eagle honda here in houston...its also made in china...

R_B
    Quick question; How many pins should there be in this switch ?
    I see one pin in the replacement switches, but two pins on the 2nd gear switch of my daughter's 2000 Oddity.
    Was there a phased in change and if so can the VIN identify whether the vehicle is supposed to have single or dual pin switches - maybe they are interchangeable, so I guess that is another answer ?

Another possibility is that I pulled a connector off something other than the 2nd gear clutch pressure switch, but having read everything in this and other threads about it and studied the diagrams - I am pretty sure I am on the right plug.

BTW, the replacement switches fit a 22mm socket, the one on the vehicle is larger than that, maybe 25mm or 26mm, so I am even more suspicious that my replacements are wrong.

R_B
    OK, so I was on the wrong part (-:
    The second gear pressure switch is indeed right under the cams for the throttle cables.
    I found it convenient to get the air hose that runs from the air cleaner to the throttle body off, I also loosened a bracket that holds some plugs and sockets, it forms a bridge but I could only find the rear bolt for it.
    That was enough for me to get fingers in there to fiddle the plug off and then snake a 22mm socket in to loosen the witch (typo, I meant Switch, but it is a Witch to get at).
    After that simple re-assembly, but I had bought two switches and still want to replace the 3rd gear one.
    An extra problem with that one is the clip/retainer things that hold the lower plastic skirt on.
    I am not familiar with how they release and the one that most likely releases the section I want to drop has some of its head ground off.
    Any tips on how those are unlocked & latched ?
    Should I buy 1/2 dozen ahead of time ?
    Is there a generic equivalent autozone part ?

Hey All, first post
    I just had the 2nd clutch switch code on my 01 Ody. I will be looking into this further but see that some of you also replace the 3rd clutch switch also. My ? is, are they the same part # ?? - 28600-P7Z-003
    Thanks!!

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    They are the same part # on the 2001.
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

R_B
    Follow-up to my thread.
    It turned out that the 3rd gear pressure switch was accessible from the top, so I didn't have to get the plastic bumper skirt off the front.
    I forget who's tip it was that got me to get it from the top, but thanks (you know who you are).

Things aren't much better, I did change them kinda "speculatively" and it will be nice to know that they are two more things that the transmission DOESN'T have wrong with it (-:

Next task will be to clean out those little tubes, but I want the weather to break before I try that.
    Just TOO HOT and TOO HUMID around here right now.

13. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements