Pls help location of 4th clutch pressure switch !
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pls help location of 4th clutch pressure switch !

Pls help location of 4th clutch pressure switch !

Yesterday my wife showed me her 2002 Odyssey the "D" indicator blinking. So i had autozone pulled out the code and it's P1740 and it gave 3 possibilities that could be bad: 1) Low ATF = Check OK. 2) Open or Short circuit condition = Car still running with no issue 3) Failed 4th clutch pressure switch = went and got 4 Q of Honda ATF (ATF Fluid change out ) and 4th Pressure switch from Honda dealer with Part # 28600-P7W-003 ?

I even asked the part guy at dealer to make sure it's for 4th Clutch pressure switch for 2002 Odyssey and he said "Yes"

Now i confused just like other people here about this 3rd and 4th pressure switch part number and its location.

can someone pls help if this is correct part # for 4th pressure switch for 2002 Odyssey and where is the location of this switch locate at ? is it on the right rear or front right of the dip ATF Stick ?

thank you for you help

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

If I remember, one of them is black and one is gray so you can tell them apart. ( 3rd and 4th ) I can't remember which is where. If you pull back your plastic wheel shield on the drivers side, ( car jacked up ) you can see them both and compare which is which.

Thx Jakester65

i did see the gray one yesterday after took the wheel shield off, but couldn't find the 4th once which is black i think. I was using this diagram and i think it's #12 ! I saw #13 but having hard time locate #12
    Pix.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by jakester65 View Post
    If I remember, one of them is black and one is gray so you can tell them apart. ( 3rd and 4th ) I can't remember which is where. If you pull back your plastic wheel shield on the drivers side, ( car jacked up ) you can see them both and compare which is which.

Thats right. After looking at the diagram now I remember. There is a plastic bracket/shield covering #12. So you can't see it right away. It only has 1 bolt holding it. Look for a black plastic cover looking thing in the area of #12 on the side of the tranny with 1 bolt on it. If you remove that bolt, there is your clutch switch. Note that a very small amount of fluid will drip out when you remove that one, not enough to worry about.

6. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements