Blinking D-light please help!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blinking D-light please help!

Blinking D-light please help!

Well the Odyssey had been running great with no complaints until my wife called me today and said "the green D-light thingy is flashing again" I said when did that start and she said " I dont know last week sometime" Well anyway I scanned it and it says P0845 which if I am correct it is the 3rd gear pressure switch if that is right does anyone know what the correct part # would be???? I am thinking i will replace the 2/3rd switch and the 3/4th switch I just need the part numbers and I cant seem to figure out which is which.

28600-P7Z-003 =

28600-P7W-003 =

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Flashing D can also mean things like your radiator fluid is mixing with tranny fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

if you don't mind my asking,, what kind of scanner did you use?
    Pete

Canadian working south of the border(to many K miles)
    2004 oddy exl 108K miles TB,Wp cw
    2007 accord exl-nav 4 cly std 59K miles

Quote Originally Posted by labattsipa View Post
    if you don't mind my asking,, what kind of scanner did you use?
    Its the same one they use at most Autozones I think it is an Actron OBD II code reader

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    See the troubleshootnig for P0845 - Problem in the 3rd gear pressure switch circuit below. This code does not mean your tranmission is toast - just a switch or problem in the electrical circuit.

Didn't you just change the 3rd gear switch earlier this year? Did you use OEM part? Check the connector for a good fit to the switch.

Please indicate in future posts that you have a 2002 EX-L - it matters.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

The tranny fluid is pefectly clean and I have been replacing 8 qts (2 drains and refills) every 10k miles since the trans rebuild at 182k miles I now have 218k miles on the van. It runs great and shifts really good the only thing I have noticed is the 2-3 shift doesnt seem to be as firm as it once was but thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by New Dad New Van View Post
    See the troubleshootnig for P0845 - Problem in the 3rd gear pressure switch circuit below. This code does not mean your tranmission is toast - just a switch or problem in the electrical circuit.

Didn't you just change the 3rd gear switch earlier this year? Did you use OEM part? Check the connector for a good fit to the switch.

Sorry I should have listed that. I did not change the switch It never gave me a code and I just changed the fluid 2x and it seemed fine until now.

Should I just replace the switches and be done with it? Which part number is which do you know?
    Last edited by atl3128; 11-27-2012 at 09:29 AM.

I had a buddy check it out because I am not a mechanic. He said the 3rd gear pressure switch is bad he also said it looks as if the others were not replaced when the trans was rebuilt and i should probably replace them anyway.

Now I just need to figure out what part numbers I need for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear switches????

There are just 2 pressure switches and they are part #12 and #13 in this diagram. I think they already come with gaskets. AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SENSOR - SOLENOID (5AT). Fits: 2002 Honda Odyssey EXL (LEATHER) | Sons Honda
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

Thanks for the help and sorry if this is a stupid question but which one 12 or 13 is the 3rd gear switch?

13 is the 3rd, according to page 14-365 in my Honda service manual.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce2 View Post
    13 is the 3rd, according to page 14-365 in my Honda service manual.
    Thank you

I'd consider replacing them both while you're at it. They are only $50 each and some consider these parts a wear item anyway.
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

I'd consider replacing them both while you're at it. They are only $50 each and some consider these parts a wear item anyway.
    Yeah I think thats what I am going to do because they dont appear to have been changed when the trans was rebuilt

Well tonight my wife was driving the Odyssey and the TCS light, the check engine light and the blinking D light again. She called me and said it would not go faster than 40 mph and the engine was reving up so I told her to drop it in 2nd gear and drive it home which worked fine. I pulled the code and I am getting a P0780 code????? Does that mean the trans is dead?

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements