Can my 02' Ody have three seat in the middle row?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can my 02' Ody have three seat in the middle row?

Can my 02' Ody have three seat in the middle row?

I will have my mom come to take care of my second kid. So, will have five in my family. The back row of seat is not easy to access, especially with the seat belt on the way. My two kids, one is 2.5 yo, the other one is new born. What's the best solution in my case? If I can have three seats in the middle row, that will be best. Anyway?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

This has been asked many times, the answer is Honda did not make this an option on the earlier vans. I would suggest removing one of the middle seats for easier access to the rear seat.
    Mike
    2000 Odyssey LX
    Trans at 82k -- Tru-cool trans cooler
    DIY Timing Belt at 104k
    Hidden Hitch & Airlift 1000's

I thought all 02 Ody's came with captain's seats in the 2nd row. One of the seats can be anchored in two positions - 1) outboard, or 2) right next to the other seat. In the outboard position, getting into the 3rd row is soooo easy. No seat belts in the way. Just a nice aisle between the seats. And the person who goes to sit in the third row usually sits in the middle and has lots of leg room extending into that aisle.

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    In my household, the youngest kids get the second row seats (child seat and booster) just for ease of access for the parents to check their restraints.
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

How about toddler on shotgun, infant second roll behind you, grandmom next to the infant and mom on the third roll taking a nap. Infant and driver stays while the other three can rotate as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by 02ody02 View Post
    I thought all 02 Ody's came with captain's seats in the 2nd row. One of the seats can be anchored in two positions - 1) outboard, or 2) right next to the other seat. In the outboard position, getting into the 3rd row is soooo easy. No seat belts in the way. Just a nice aisle between the seats. And the person who goes to sit in the third row usually sits in the middle and has lots of leg room extending into that aisle.
    They can be moved around within the middle but may be tough for a grandmother to deal with strapping toddlers in the way back seat if both seats are in place. If that is the issue, I would pull the drivers side middle seat and put the newborn in the one easily seen by the driver. Toddlers get the nose bleed section.

In the 3 Chrysler vans we owned, the rear bench seat could be moved to the middle section.
    Mike
    2000 Odyssey LX
    Trans at 82k -- Tru-cool trans cooler
    DIY Timing Belt at 104k
    Hidden Hitch & Airlift 1000's

I would keep the two seats outboard, put the toddler and newborn in each of the outboard seats. The most agile person (wife or grandmother or husband) gets the third row. There is a ton of room in the Ody. Big doors, open wide. Strap em in while standing outside. Step in. Go to middle aisle. Go sit in back. Not that hard, and if that is not enough room, buy a bigger vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by 02ody02 View Post
    I would keep the two seats outboard, put the toddler and newborn in each of the outboard seats. The most agile person (wife or grandmother or husband) gets the third row. There is a ton of room in the Ody. Big doors, open wide. Strap em in while standing outside. Step in. Go to middle aisle. Go sit in back. Not that hard, and if that is not enough room, buy a bigger vehicle.
    This wouldn't do because some one needs to be next to the infant to hold the bottle and else.
    Bruce

02' ex 220k+ miles

Why would you need to feed an infant while you are driving? You do that before or after the drive, or at a stop. FYI, shotgun is about the worst place you could put a little one, save the roof, hood or trunk! Google it.

Absent my suggestion, do what OdyinNH suggests, take out one of the captains chairs so there is only one seat in the second row. Plenty of easy access to the third seat if someone must sit next to the infant.
    Last edited by 02ody02; 12-01-2012 at 01:02 AM.

11. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements