Honda DVD player cannot play self-burned VCDs
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honda DVD player cannot play self-burned VCDs

Honda DVD player cannot play self-burned VCDs

The factory-installed DVD player in my new 2004 Honda Odyssey minivan cannot play the VCDs (CD-R and CR-RW) which I burned using Nero5 Buring Rom software (version 5.5.4.3 bundled), but my CELERA DVD player at home can play those VCDs. Also the Honda DVD player can play some other VCDs. Is there anything wrong with the Honda DVD player? Or how should I do to make it to play the VCD? Thanks.

I hate my 2004 Odyssey factory-installed DVD player. If I knew this earlier, I would go for Sienna for sure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

This topic has been covered before. Do a search to discover the CD-RWs that seem to be most compatible.
    NWF_Snake
    Was: 2002 EX-L RES FES Taffeta White "Hers"
    Now: 2007 Lexus RX 350 "Hers"
    2000 Honda Accord LX Taffeta White "His"
    2003 Accord EX EBP, "Kid1"
    1998 CR-V LX SS, "Kid2"
    Use the "Search" Feature!
    Newbies, Read the Rules!
    I am always happy to offer Cheese with your Whine!

This may be the thread that covers the issue:
    Do DVD-R's Work in the 2002 RES?

Talking

Why would u buy a Sienna?, there ugly and have no style. The Odyssey has more style and is faster then a Sienna just because you dont like your DVD player its one thing why dont you just get a new DVD player for the car.

Finally, a topic I can contribute to!

Okay, Having spent the last 2 years participating in the rewriting of DVD player firmware, I can make a few comments on players and media and what you can expect in general (not specific to the RES).

I can clarify why a player will and won't play certain types of disc media and disc format types.

A player's ability to read different disc media (CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW) is directly related to the loader. The physical drive installed in the player. It is possible to increase the media types a player will support by replacing the loader. This is a simple matter when the loader is IDE based (like most PC loaders) but more difficult when its a non-standard interface. Most CD loaders can read CD and CD-R and likewise most DVD loaders will be able to read DVD and DVD-R. Less than 60% of DVD loaders will read DVD+R and less than 35% will read DVD+RW. DVD-R/RW is the way to go if you want to the most flexibility.

If a player is able to read the physical media, it may still be unable to read the disc format. For example, many players can read VCD but may not be able to read VCD2.0. There are several players on the market that will not be able to read VCDs that have been burned with non-standard bit rates (usually required to obtain the best video quality). This is a function of the firmware in the player and will not be affected by changing the loader.

So, after that long winded explanation, my recommendation to anyone wanting to generate their own media is to stay away from DVD+R/RW media, and also to adhere as closely as possible to published standards for the disc format.

The DVD player I am installing in my Ody will even support MP3 DVDs, which means I can load approximately 60 hours of music onto a single disc.

I hope this helps.

Is there any in-dash player which can play CD/MP3 and DVDs with MP3 files? I don't want a DVD video player.

if you use Windows 7 DVD maker, choose the option of playing video and the show the menu, second option

VCDs, thats awesome lol, I still have some!
    "Do it right or do it twice"

10. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements