Honda Odyssey Forum banner

clock light replacement

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  firemann1 
#1 ·
I had the clock light replaced at the dealer under the extended warranty and found 4 small metal V clips on the floor (they look like they could be used to secure a panel ?dash surround). I'm wondering if the tech broke the anchoring points for these clips and then used some adhesive to resecure the panel these came from. Does anyone know if these little clips secure the suround and do they break off easily?

#2 ·
Those clips don't really break off easily but they do tend to fall off from where they belong.

You have to put them back and then just snap the paneling back in. The guy probably didn't even notice they had fallen out. The dash isn't going to fall out or anything, you just might got some squeaks you didn't used to have.

#3 ·
It's probable the clips fell off when one or more of the plastic dash panels were removed. The clips are supposed to remain attached to plastic "studs". Some stay attached and some don't.

I'll bet the technicians have found it far less costly to just use new clips as needed than to try and find the old clips that have fallen off and landed who knows where in or under the dash. I have searched many minutes for lost clips and not found them all.

Does anybody know of an aftermarket cost-effective supply of these little trim clips?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.