Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2000 Road Trip

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Stepside 
#1 ·
Took my 2000 Odyssey on a road trip from Las Vegas to Tuscon.
848 miles at 24.22 MPG. Not bad for the Honda.
Ran fuel injector cleaner both ways. Had an emissions code that I reset before leaving and it has not come back so far. Very pleased with it so far.

#2 ·
I like the 1999-2001 Odysseys. My old 2001 EX in Starlight Silver Metallic is still doing solid duty with its current owner. Probably past 200,000 miles on its original tranny. I should not have sold it! That 4-speed A/T has the perfect ratios for zipping around town. My newer 2003 with its 5-speed gets marginally better fuel economy on the occasional highway road trip if I'm really careful, but my 2001 handled much better. Hands down, it was more fun to drive for the 90% or more of my driving miles & time that is not spent on a wide-open interstate highway.

Really nice job for MPG during these hot summer days, especially from Vegas to the Arizona territory. The road trip MPG improves during the colder months (no A/C usage, better thermal efficiency).

Enjoy the ride!

OF

#3 ·
We did a 1000 road trip from southern Indiana to Iowa and back two weeks ago as our first road trip in our resurrected 1999 with 260xxx on it. We got 21 on the first tank, but the van sat idling for two hours with the a/c on for the dogs, and 25 on the second tank coming home. I looked at Ody vans for a couple of years before we got ours. We settled on the gen II and my wife wanted blue with gray cloth inside, and I wanted a sound body, and we actually wanted one with a bad trans so we could do the mods and start fresh. We spent a year in my spare time going through it and really love it. We have had all brands and sizes of vans, starting with a vw in 1978, and this honda is by far our favorite so far. Happy road trips all.

#5 ·
Do you have 215/65R16 tires - these are the OEM specs for the 1999-2001. Any other size will cause a difference.

The 99-01 Odyssey is a great lugging vehicle on the highway. 2,000 rpms at 110 km/h.

#6 ·
Mine has the correct size tires but indicates 63 mph but is running 60mph. I am getting ready for tires before winter and seen on the forum that 235x60 is a better choice and would help the error. I am just trying to figure out the best tire for road noise, ride and winter performance. We don't usually get a lot of snow here, so it is kind of a toss up. It kills me to hear people here in southern Indiana state that they have to have 4wd because of all the snow.

#7 ·
A narrow tire is preferred over wider for winter tires. I would stick with OEM 215/65/R16 for winter tires.

The wider tire may help narrow the gap though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.