Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Rear Speaker Options & Does EXL-RES have a factory sub?

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  OdyVanMan04 
#1 ·
Ok, I must be horrible at searching because Ive wasted hours and cannot find anything for the rear speakers. Specifically, What will fit in the rear and/or has anyone added speakers to the rear hatch opening door?

Also, does the RES version have a sub already?

#2 ·
I went out with a ruler. The 3rd row speakers are 4".

#4 · (Edited)
currently using an alpine ixa w404 receiver, front alpine 6.5" type R and alpine 6.5" in the rear as well, also have a 15" sub in a slot port box level with the top of the rear seat, you will have to make the speakers fit by customizing the covers and holes, rears were the hardest to make fit

Attachments

#6 ·
That sub is amazing. :eek: The true modern definition of "Air Force".

OF

#8 ·

YOU NEVER HAVE ENOUGH BASS!

Back to topic for 6x9 speakers. :D

dlh2 installed 6x9's way back in the day, and here's the LINK. The links to the pics are dead, but the description is pretty good. Makes me want to try it. He also has a good technical description.

OF

#9 ·
when I ordered the speakers I got 2 sets of the 6.5" type r only cause they were on sale, if I was to do it again I would have smaller then 6" in the rear, 5.25 speakers would have needed much less modification if any.

the sub weighs more then my 8yr old lol, good ol' airlift 1000's........

#10 · (Edited)
I ran across this tonight, http://http://www.odyclub.com/tech/6x9/6x9.htm. Hope the link works as its 6x9 install with photos.

http://www.odyclub.com/tech/6x9/6x9.htm

I went ahead & put some 6.5" Kicker DS60 in the front doors. It was a direct bolt in with no mods & even used factory holes & screws. For now in the rear factory speaker location I installed the 6.75" Kicker CS67. There was the need to drill two holes in the new speaker rim to line up with the factory holes & trim a little bit of plastic for a good fit. In both the front & rear I was able to use the factory speaker covers.

They sound good but I'd like the 6x9's in the hatch door sometime plus a small under the seat sub to balance things out. Of course an ability to connect my new iPhone would be great too.

#11 · (Edited)
then you need an alpine deck 2009 or newer, alpine ixa-w404 is made for I phone and has every option you would ever need, I have had an under the rear seat sub and it didn't sound good at all, the seat soaked up most of the bass, that's why I made the box to go high in the rear so I can still carry gear and transport things, if you look at my dash I have a usb port beside the deck, it charges and connects to the deck for hands free, and with an app I have my car stereo mirrors my I phone and the stereo is also touchscreen,(flappy bird at 100kmh anyone?) on that note if I was in the usa I could have more options like Pandora.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.