2000 Odyssey driver side floor wet after rain.
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Odyssey driver side floor wet after rain.

dho

2000 Odyssey driver side floor wet after rain.

My carpet on the driver side floor is getting wet after rain. The passenger side and the rest of carpet is dry, only the lowest point on the driver's side under my feet. What are some potential leak spots I should look at ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Check the drain port of the a/c too. If you can ask someone to pour water on the cowl where the fresh air enters then look underneath the dash or where you suspect under the driver side.

The AC drain would leak on the passenger side, not the driver's side.

Sunroof drains are one of the biggest culprits. After that it can be the roof rail seals or the windshield if it's been replaced. The only way to know is to dig in and start looking.
    2008 Odyssey Touring-Silver
    2011 VW Jetta SE-Black
    2002 GMC Sierra SLT LB Z71-Red
    1998 Nissan 200SX SE-Blue

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Or plugged cowel drains (at the base of the windshield). Excessive debris (like leaves) can plug the drains, and then they fill up with water and the overflow spills over the firewall and into the cabin...particularly during acceleration when they're full.

dho
    I dug into it a bit and found the padding was soaking as well as the foam padding on the fire wall near the harness and a bit of the padding on the passenger side. I pulled off the plastic base at the bottom of the windshield and cleaned all the debris but I didn't see any evidence of pooling. Does anyone know if that plastic piece should have a weather stripping between it and the windshield ? Mine DOES NOT. I also found a bit of water seeping at a small body plug on the floor panel so I dabbed some sinicone on it to make sure it's not leaking in. where exactly is the AC drain hose on the inside of the fire wall ? I blew compressed air from the engine bay and ran some string trimmer line up iy but wouldn't mind checking the inside to make sure I don't have a problem inside.

dho
    Just went out in the rain and i can see a small drip from the upper left corner of the fire wall. Is there something near there that i should concentrate on ? Maybe a leak in the cowling area or lower left corner of the windshield possibly ? Any harnesses entering that area on the firewall ? I'm at work and can't really tear into it now so looking for ideas.

This just started happening to my 2004 as well. I went to start up the van for my wife as she was about to take a long road trip, and noticed that the mat and floor board were soaked. I got my wet-vac and got most of the water out. She came home the other day and reported that the water didn't come back, although there also wasn't any rain on her trip either. She did say, however, that the AC is no longer blowing cold air so there's that. Could the two somehow be related?

Quote Originally Posted by dho View Post
    My carpet on the driver side floor is getting wet after rain. The passenger side and the rest of carpet is dry, only the lowest point on the driver's side under my feet. What are some potential leak spots I should look at ?
    With all water leaks. Start with a garden hose. For this case, start on the low part of the windshield. Run it for a few minutes before moving it to the mud point. Then after a few more minutes move it to the top corner before moving it reward the middle.
    When you see it leading move it down to the lower zone to double confirm.

There are three areas I'd check. The windshield, the moon roof, and the body seam along the roof rails. I've seen all three.

The important thing to remember is that water can take time to move from the entry point to the point where you notice it.
    Keep in mind, I use my phone to keep up with the world. I may have Swype-o's.

2005 Odyssey Touring RES Navi

Quote Originally Posted by dlux View Post
    This just started happening to my 2004 as well. I went to start up the van for my wife as she was about to take a long road trip, and noticed that the mat and floor board were soaked. I got my wet-vac and got most of the water out. She came home the other day and reported that the water didn't come back, although there also wasn't any rain on her trip either. She did say, however, that the AC is no longer blowing cold air so there's that. Could the two somehow be related?
    It could be. The drain tube can get clogged. If you can get underneath it you can try clearing out with compressed air in a can. If it's clogged it will vomit out a lot of water so don't be in the way.

dho
    I spent some time on this yesterday and I ran a hose in the cowling area at the rubber flap and it is leaking somewhere under it. I pulled mud flap and wheel well liner and I don't see anything obvious so i tried a bead of silicone at the only grommet I saw and ran a bit of it above a sealant nead that runs vertical. If this doesn't fix it I think I might need to pull the fender to inspect further. Does anyone know if the bumper cover needs to come off to remove the fender ? Unfortunately with the foot rest area padding in place I can't really see where the water is coming in. A bit reluctant ti pull all the harnesses on the fire wall to fully remove the foot rest padding.

Look at the top of the van remove the black plastic strip on the drivers side that goes from luggage rack to the windshield. There I found a very small rust spot that was letting water in and running all the way down to the drivers
    side floor under the carpet. Hope this helps you out.

I have heard of others having leaks through the roof rack fasteners and that plastic strip.
    i guess you could try the hose water trick there if you tape on some baffles etc to make sure the water doesn't go down the windshield area, etc.
    Buffalo4
    2003 EX-L
    179k miles orig tranny June 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo4 View Post
    I have heard of others having leaks through the roof rack fasteners and that plastic strip.
    i guess you could try the hose water trick there if you tape on some baffles etc to make sure the water doesn't go down the windshield area, etc.
    Buffalo4
    That's the body seam. The studs are track welded to the roof. We use a buddy sealant. I'm sure you can find some somewhere. We get it from Honda.

dho
    The leak is below the windshield. I inserted a hose behind the rubber flap in the cowl area and it started leaking. Anyone know of any potential are accessible without pulling the fender ? Is there a easy way ti pull the foam at the firewall/foot rest without having to remove the wire harnesses on the left vertical wall ? I'm hoping I can try to seal it from the inside if I can clear everything out and actually see the leak. Currently it is leaking onto the foam then dripping so I'm guessing blind. I'm trying not to pull the fender off.

I have a leak and it gets wet under the parking brake. But now the drivers seatbelt is also wet. That's interesting

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast