Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Replacement of clock light

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  rtw_travel 
#1 · (Edited)
Replacement of clock light ('02 Ody EX)

What a pain in the neck! To replace the light that illuminates the digital clock, you basically have to take most of the dash off!

Anyway - its about a 20 minute job.

You need phillips screw driver and a pry tool (I used a very thin bladed screw driver.

Bulb Part # 35505-S84-B02 :about $4Cdn + tax.

Directions
1) Have your radio code handy and make a note of your radio station presets. You'll need to enter the code and redo the presets at the end of the job. Disconnect -ve cable from battery and put a cloth or other non conductive cover to separate them.

2) remove three screws on the bottom of the steering column cover. (there are two other holes that look like they might have screws but mine had none). Pull apart the top and bottom sections of the steering column cover. Its tough to do. You do not need to remove them entirely - just have them loose so you can get the other panels off.

3) Remove centre trim panel. (around radio and A/C controls) Use a pry tool to gently start at upper right. (below centre air vents, above fan control switch). Once started, I used finger nails and strong fingers and it all popped out. You'll have to disconnect the interior light switch from behind, but the rest of the wires are long enough that I could move the panel out fo the way to the side.

4) Removing the centre trim panel exposes 4 or 5 (can't remember) philips screws that hold the instrument cluster on. Take those off. Also remove two more screws on the cluster directly above the speedometer.

5) starting from the right, use the pry tool to pull off the panel that includes the vents and clock. I needed to pull it off all the way to the speedometer in order to have enough room to change the light.

6) The light is the smallest bulb I have ever seen. It seemed to push in and turn. It only fits one way. It was a bit "fiddly" but not too bad.

Reassembly is reverse of dissassembly

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry - when I wrote this, I did do a search first. However this morning I fpund someone else who has already been there done that... with pictures.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23429&highlight=clock+light

Note that I stopped at step 7... and did not take the whole piece instrument cluster piece. Just release the snaps from the right side of the trim piece all the way to around the centre of the instrument cluster. There is enough room to reach in behind the clock and change the light.

By the way, the light is the small piece that plugs into the creamy yellow coloured grommet on the picture at step 7. (which is on the left edge of the back of the clock, to the left of the two electrical coonnectors)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.