3 beeps when open power sliding door - feature?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3 beeps when open power sliding door - feature?

Post 3 beeps when open power sliding door - feature?

Just took delivery of our new '02 RP EX on 10/1/01 and absolutely love it! Has anyone experienced this behavior with their Ody: You're getting ready to go for a ride with your family, so you:

1. Unlock all doors by pressing remote twice.
    2. Open passenger power sliding door by pulling on handle. (Yeah, I know I could do it with the remote as well.)
    3. Ody beeps three times as the power sliding door opens.

Also, the key isn't in the ignition, the car is in park (obviously). I'm pretty certain that this happens every time I open the power door, prior to getting into the minivan myself. I thought the beeping was only supposed to occur under certain circumstances, not just the usual "my-family-and-I-are-getting-into-our-van-for-a-ride" situation. I guess I can get used to this beeping if it's a safety feature meant to inform me that a door is open, but heck, I *know* it's open because I just opened it! If the key were in the ignition, I might see a reason why it should beep: to inform the driver who's getting ready to drive that there's a door open.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this behavior and can provide a viable explanation. I looked in the Owner's Manual and didn't read anything about 3 beeps happening in this very common situation, but did read about it happening in other situations like locked doors, etc.

Thanks,

krmill

2002 Redrock Pearl EX
    '02 RP EX

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

You're correct, the beeping shouldn't occur unless you try to open one of the sliders when it's locked. (Then it won't open at all; it just beeps at you.) You didn't mention this problem with the driver's side door - I presume it's not doing the same thing? Sounds like a short or a mis-wired connection in the passenger door - I'd take it back to dealer and have them fix the problem.

------------------
    David
    '01 GG EX-NAVI
    Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; Pioneer speakers front & rear; leather steering wheel wrap; splash guards; cargo tray; cargo liner; power door mods; Helm manual; Zaino protection; Honda litter bag.

usually those beeps mean the door is stuck either due to being locked or maybe the seal is too tight. the motor might be strong enough to overcome the seal lock. take it to get it checked. by the way i am not a mechanic nor do i play one on tv.

[This message has been edited by slocko (edited 10-05-2001).]

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements