How to reset SRS light on 04 Ody
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to reset SRS light on 04 Ody

Question How to reset SRS light on 04 Ody

My 2004 Odyssey's SRS light is on after installing satellite radio. I'm sure this is because (to test that the sat. radio was working okay before re-assembling everything) I drove around for a bit with the center dash console removed, which includes the Passenger Airbag cutoff light.

I had a 95 Ody for which I was able to reset the SRS light using the MES connector, but it seems the 04 Ody uses the HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) connector to access and clear the SRS codes. The only option I'm aware of here is to have a dealer hookup their HDS computer and do the reset, and so far I've not found a dealer in the Washington, D.C. area willing to do that for free - they all want to charge me.

Has anyone found a way to reset the SRS light on Hondas with the HDS???

Thanks - JP

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Derby, United Kingdom and SE Virginia (Homeport)
    It's my experience that that code clears itself when the problem is solved. See the thread below.
    How to get SRS codes from 2003?
    I think you may have shorted or disconnected something during the sat-radio install. Check your fuses.
    Steve
    2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L
    1996 Audi A6 Avant
    1992 Ford Ranger
    1987 Audi Coupe GT
    1972 Alfa Romeo Spider

Oh, wonderful. Another @#$%! making nasty comments via the anonymity of the Internet...

Mr. Wiles, I often work uncompensated overtime for the benefit of a customer. It would be a customer service "no-brainer" to do something so quick and simple that would create such gratitude from a customer (or potential customer). It would be a joy to do so.

You obviously work at a car dealership.

Originally posted by crasht51
    Oh, wonderful. Another @#$%! making nasty comments via the anonymity of the Internet...

Mr. Wiles, I often work uncompensated overtime for the benefit of a customer. It would be a customer service "no-brainer" to do something so quick and simple that would create such gratitude from a customer (or potential customer). It would be a joy to do so.

You obviously work at a car dealership.
    ?????????

I removed my posts from this thread because Aparently he didn't like me asking why he expected the dealers to do it for free. I also answered his question in the thread but decided to remove all my posts. For reference I do not post annonomously. Nor do I work for a dealership ahd have never worked in the auto industry other than on the equipment in their major data centers.
    2004 EX Odyssey.
    All posts made by me are in reference to the gen 2 Odyssey.

crasht51, Mr Wiles has been very generous with looking things up for owners here in his factory service manual (anybody with $80. can buy one:http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage...=Google+Search)
    I have no idea what he said that got your gander up, but dealers do do a lot of stuff for free, especially for their customers. Your tearing apart your dash is certainly not their problem. Autozone will read codes (and reset them in some cases) for free. If you plan to tear cars apart service manuals and an OBDII tester are now essential. Cars are now computers with engines.

Derby, United Kingdom and SE Virginia (Homeport)
    Personally, I think it sucks that SRS codes cannot be read by OBDII. It significantly limits the owners ability to troubleshoot.
    I've owned a lot of Audis. Volkswagen/Audi (VAG) also use a proprietary system that can access every controller in the car (engine management, transmission, central locking, radio, ABS, everything). It can do much more than read and reset codes. You also can change settings and in some cases add/remove features. Of course few average owners can afford to spend thousands on one of these babies. Then along came a guy named Uwe Ross. He created a windows based program and a serial interface cable that completely emulates the VAG scanner. He calls it VAG-COM and his company is Ross-Tech. For a couple hundred dollars and a laptop computer you can do anything the dealer can do (and quite a few things the dealer won't do).
    What we need is a Uwe Ross in the Honda world
    Steve
    2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L
    1996 Audi A6 Avant
    1992 Ford Ranger
    1987 Audi Coupe GT
    1972 Alfa Romeo Spider

I Do work at a dealership. And I often do little things for free. However by no means do I have to, like participating on this board! I do it to help people out, But I also have a fiscal resonsibility to my dealership to be profitable. And if you think profitable is a bad word I'd like to see your tax statments that show you work for free. Ok, I'm done.

Eric

10. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements