2000 Odyssey sliding door problem
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 Odyssey sliding door problem

2000 Odyssey sliding door problem

Hi, My son has a 2000 Odyssey that one of the 2 sliding doors will not work. We are able to open manually but no power. Also the sliding door light and buzzer will stay on unless power turned off. Checked all fuses and fine. I did see on one thread that someone mentioned disconnecting battery. Did't do that but did remove fuses .
    Any ideas or is it dealer time.

Thanks Ivan

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Do read some of the threads you get when entering "sliding door problem" in the Odyclyb search engine. Do try turning off the master, remove and replace fuse #14 (I think, use the search) then with the door fully open, close it using the master switch HOLDING the switch down until it closes completely. If that does not fix it, then it may be time to replace some parts. It may also be that the door contacts are faulty. Sometime in 99-00 they where redesigned. Complainers got new ones. Oh, also search for "sliding door motor"

Re: 2000 Odyssey sliding door problem

Originally posted by ivan
    Hi, My son has a 2000 Odyssey that one of the 2 sliding doors will not work. We are able to open manually but no power. Also the sliding door light and buzzer will stay on unless power turned off. Checked all fuses and fine. I did see on one thread that someone mentioned disconnecting battery. Did't do that but did remove fuses .
    Any ideas or is it dealer time.

Thanks Ivan
    Did they get frozen shut then handle pulled to much?

If so I had the same problem, the door stopped working because the kids pulled the handle to many times when it was frozen shut. All I did was disconnext the battery for 10 mins and reconnected it, this resets the computer. Be sure you have your radio code before trying this.
    I hope this helps.
    2000 Honda Oddyssey, 193 500kms

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements