code P1739 on honda ody ex
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: code P1739 on honda ody ex

code P1739 on honda ody ex

Does anyone know exactly what this code is for?(means) I look it up and it just says transmission. Took back to dealer today and he said it was a wire/plug that needed cleaned and rehooked. My D4 was flashing so I went and had Advance tell me what the code was before I went. This is the same dealer who put to much trans fluid in and we had to go and have it drained, they didn't hook up the transmission sensor. They left the cover off the air intake. and didn't even tighten up the battery cable on battery. I told my husband I bet we will have to go back again......Any help is appreciated. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Do a search with just the code, i.e.

"P1739"

You get a whole page of threads. It's the third gear pressure switch. But reading about others experiences is helpful. And finding another dealer might also help.

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    I nominate your dealer for "The Wall of Shame".
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

P1739 is a third clutch pressure switch failure and the diagnostic procedure is to check the wiring through several connectors to the pcm.
    2004 EX Odyssey.
    All posts made by me are in reference to the gen 2 Odyssey.

Yeah the dealer they sent us to sucks. They left stuff off, didn't plug stuff up and put to much fluid in it ect.... We went back and he said it ws a wire, I hope that fixes it. I thought I seen it blink again. I have looked it up and it says on some to get a new transmission...still researching it. I told them that I look stuff up and they said that people on here and other places makes things up but keep in mind this is a guy who said it would take 3-5 quarts over of fluid to do any damage. Thanks

7. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements