Fast Blinker
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fast Blinker

Fast Blinker

Have a 2000 EX with 80K. I have developed a problem with my left turn blinker. When I use my left turn signal, the blinker blinks much too fast. Three or four times faster than normal. It's only my left turn signal. The right signal is normal. The fast blinking (on the left side) is for both front and rear turn signal lights. Ive changed the bulbs and check the fuse. All were in working condition. I addition, there are times when my left turn signal does not work at all. It happened one time when it was raining. I turned off the wipers and the blinker began to work. The blinker problem happens in cold, hot, dry, and wet conditions. The problem started a 6 months ago but not often. The problem has been getting for frequent. I'd say it happens 95% of the time I use my left turn signal. The fast blinking is fine, I mean it blinks and works. I'm just concerned that on coming traffic may not notice the signal. The speed of the blinker is fast enough to think that the parking lights are on.
    Has anyone experienced this problem? It seems to be something electrical in the steering column. I would like to try to avoid the dealer and DIY. Any tips from this community would be great help.
    Thanks in advance.
    Al

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Do you have the trailer light cable? If so try unplugging it. How does it flash with the hazard light switch on? The only thing in the circuit different between left and right is the turn signal switch,wiring and bulbs... And trailer plug if installed
    2004 EX Odyssey.
    All posts made by me are in reference to the gen 2 Odyssey.

Check to make sure all of your lights are working. Chances are if you have a blinker going crazy, you have a tail light that has blown.

Thanks William and Zero. I do not have a trailer light cable attached, the hazard lights work properly, and I did replace the turn signal bulbs (both front and rear). Looks like Honda will make some money off me afterall.

Re: Fast Blinker

Originally posted by silvermk2supra
    ....I'm just concerned that on coming traffic may not notice the signal. The speed of the blinker is fast enough to think that the parking lights are on...
    If on coming traffic can't see a big mini van then I wouldn't be worried about a small blinker.

Generally blinkers will blink faster when increased load is applied (trailer lights). Look for a short in the circuit or maybe the wrong wattage bulbs installed? From what I understand they are just simple self resetting breakers that trip once they heat up and then reset.
    '99 Odyssey LX: 135k; 2nd trans. @ 128k Hayden 678 Trans Cooler, Cyberdyne trans gauge, Prodigy brake controller, MaxLife ATF
    '06 Tundra DoubleCab: retired Ody from it's towing duties
    '05 Jayco Jayflight 27BH
    http://community.webshots.com/user/Funfinder4

If hazards work and all lights are working properly about the only thing left is the switch. You did look at the lights with the hazard switch on and all were flashing with the proper intensity...
    2004 EX Odyssey.
    All posts made by me are in reference to the gen 2 Odyssey.

Anyone know of a resolution to this issue? We have a 2004 EX-L RES that's doing the same thing. Faster than normal left turn signal blinker and intermittent wipers don't work. Left blinker doesn't work with intermittent wipers turned on.
    2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L RES
    2004 Mazdaspeed MX-5
    2009 Honda Civic Si

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements