Seat Belt Replacement cost?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seat Belt Replacement cost?

Seat Belt Replacement cost?

On our 2000 EX I noticed the driver side seat belt on the 3rd row has a significant amount of wear through on the belt. Enough I am not sure it is safe to use (probably worn through 1/6th of the belt).

Anyone have a similar issue? Any ideas on what a new belt would set me back? My son that rides back there prefers the passenger side - so it is not a required repair today. But we do have other kids in the van occasionally (my neice and nephew live 1 block away from us) that will use the belt. I plan to keep the van until it dies - which I assume is 4-5 more years.

Thanks.

Jim
    ------------------------------------------
    2000 Honda Odyssey EX (New tranny at 90,000 miles)
    1999 Toyota Camry LE V-6 (5-speed. with Leather - I dare you to find one used..........)

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

$0. Honda seat belts are warrantied for the life of the vehicle.

Re: Seat Belt Replacement cost?

Belt for my driver's seat is frayed where it passes thru the buckle clip. Perhaps 10%-15% frayed. Knowing it's covered by warranty, I showed it to the dealer who said "bring it back if it gets worse". I plan to do so.
    01 Ody LX 200k miles Granite Green, keyless remote, hidden hitch, front speaker upgrade, CD player
    10 Accord LX - headrests are a pain
    04 Accord LX V6 - sold
    02 XR200R - sold
    99 Harmony (two)
    95 Pressure washer
    77 Accord - great car, long gone

Dredging up an old thread...Pretty much all the seat belts in my van are very slow to retract, one is damaged (3rd row passenger side) in a manner similar to the OP. How many have actually gone in to have their seat belts replaced and weren't heckled about it? If you look to purchase the retractors, the front ones are about $300/ea, and the others are about $120/ea. I have a hard time believing the dealer would simply replace them without charge. Is there any official documentation (TSB's, etc) to this effect?

You can get seat belts from the salvage yard. I have gotten complete ones for $10 and $15 each. (I replaced a bunch when the dog chewed through them). At the salvage yard I go to, you have to remove them yourself. The fronts are very easy, the second row a bit more difficult and the third row more work, especially the passenger side. You can check the function of the belts when you remove them from a vehicle.

kbh
    I have had both outboard 3rd row belts replaced for faulty retractors. $0

Quote Originally Posted by kbh View Post
    I have had both outboard 3rd row belts replaced for faulty retractors. $0
    kbh, fill us in on the details. Did you go to a Honda dealership? Any paperwork?

OF
    2003 Ody EX-L RES 103.5k OEM fogs & hitch, bbylon5 screen mod, chuck k fog mod#2, cnn 82C t-stat mod
    2002 Ody EX RES 96.0k OEM fogs & hitch, chuck k fog mod#1
    1998 Accord LX174k. DIY: Haynes 676 ATF cooler; T & acc belts & tensioners.
    1982 Ebbtide DynaTrak bass boat, 200hp Merc, DIY re-fit 2006-07: CMC jackplate, Teleflex Canada Steering, Torque-Shift 14-26 vari-pitch SS prop
    SNAPPER mower 5.5hp Honda

kbh
    Just went to the dealership and they took care of it. As mentioned by others, the warranty covers all functional deficiencies. The only exclusion is cosmetic issues that don't affect the actual function of the belt.

10. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements