Honda Odyssey Forum banner

IS Honda Care warranty offered by Honda USA?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TwoKidsDad 
#1 ·
Thanks for thoughtful inputs.
BTW, I am in CA.

Is Honda Care warranty offered by Honda USA?

I have bad experience with Toyota Extended warannty. It was offerred by Ryan Warranty ( called PENSKE, not by TOYOTA). I was not able to produce all services performed because some oil change were done by myself. And some receipts are misplaced/lost. They simply declined on that ground.

REMEMBER! You need keep all dealer/shop invoices to get your money worth when needed.

After that incidence, I don't like DIY while car is covered by any warranty.

#2 ·
From the top right corner of the contract:

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Honda Care(TM) for Honda Vehicles is administered by American Honda Finance Corporation, P.O. Box 2225, Torrance, CA 90509-2225, 1-800--999-5901

Honda Care(TM) for Non-Honda Vehicles is administered by Aegis Group, Inc., P.O. Box 888050, Atlanta, GA 30356, 1-800-594-7400</font>
For the Honda Vehicles it is handled by a division of Honda but for Non-Honda vehicles, Honda Care is subcontracted out to Aegis.

------------------
2002 TW EX
Weathertech interlocking floor and cargo mats.
Honda hood deflector.
Matching front window tint.
Mud guards.

#3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TwoKidsDad:
...I was not able to produce all services performed because some oil change were done by myself. And some receipts are misplaced/lost. They simply declined on that ground.

REMEMBER! You need keep all dealer/shop invoices to get your money worth when needed....
</font>
I intend to purchase the Honda warranty from Tracy, I also intend to change my oil and will purchase five or so oil filters at a time. Will I loose my warranty because I can't prove oil changes? I also will do my own brakes, will that void the warranty?

#4 ·
In any case, if something happened your car and you need to use X-warranty, you have to provide evidences that vehicle was managed properly. They will bring every excuse/reason not to serve your car.
In my case, Ryan warranty Insurance sent their own inspector after dealer reports to verify damage. Then they asked for maintenace record. I happened to keep some of them and submitted; but most recent one was missing. They declined to pay to the dealer. I had to pay $200 for dealer evaluation and storage fee ($15.00 /day) for just waiting for warranty approval.

Based on my experince, I recommend to use dealer/local mechanic and keep good record for ALL your service. Since receipt tend to degrad over time, I now make a copy from original and keep them in my workplace.

After warranty expires you are on your own anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.