Code P0300, P0302,P0304, P0305 Engine Misfire
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Code P0300, P0302,P0304, P0305 Engine Misfire

Angry Code P0300, P0302,P0304, P0305 Engine Misfire

Hello everyone! I am over here in Germany trying to figure out what is causing my 2001 Honda Odyssey Check Engine Light to keep coming on. I also am getting the TCS light coming on sometimes with the check engine light.

I ended up taking it back to the local repair shop near the base and we pulled these codes out of the van.

The first time I took my van to the local repair shop they told me it was the spark plugs, so I ended up ordering 6 new spark plugs for the van which did not clear up my problem as the light kept coming on.
    Reading prior posts here I pulled the coils off of my junker 99 Odyssey and replaced all of the coils in my 2001 to see if that would correct the problem. Needless to say it did not correct the problem.
    The van has 147,000 miles on it and I recently went in and did the timing belt, water pump, all belts, EGR valve, and air filter just as general maintenance. I had the shop check the timing since the timing belt has just been replaced and it was where it was supposed to be.

Does anyone have any other ideas on what could be causing the check engine light to come on with the misfire codes? The van idles rough when sitting but runs smooth once you take off. I have noticed that my gas mileage has really gone down since the light has come on.

Any advice or help would be appreciated! Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    Any other codes stored besides the ones you mentioned?

So, technically based on these codes, the solution would be a faulty injector, a faulty coil, a faulty connection at the coil contact, a faulty spark plug, poor connection or loose terminal at the injector terminal, an open or short in the wire from the #7 COIL (15A) fuse in the Driver's Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box and the injector coil, a poor ground at G101 (or G102) (one is located facing the engine compartment top rear left and the other bottom front right on the engine), a short in the wire between PCM and ignition coil or injector, or a faulty PCM. Concentration based on your notes shoud be on cylinders #2, #4 and #5.

Also, do any of these symptoms pertain to your situation:

Random misfire only at low RPM and under load - Check fuel pressure - Low compression/Low quality fuel/Correct EGR valve
    function.

Random misfire only during acceleration - Check fuel pressure - Malfunction in the VTEC system.

Random misfire at high RPM and load, or under random conditions - Check fuel pressure - Correct valve clearance.
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

We replaced all the plugs and coils. I have noticed a big change in gas mileage.
    Sometimes the van is sluggish at the lower rpm's such as when idling or at standstill. I get a vibration through the van, it is just barely noticeable.
    I just replaced the EGR valve a few months back.
    Maybe there is a short in the wiring somewhere.
    I keep getting the TCS light coming on, could that system have anything to do with this problem?

TCS comes on with most engine problems as a safety precaution. Replacing the EGR valve is only part of the EGR problem. The ports in the intake manifold have to be cleaned as they fill with carbon. Really sounds like you may have leaking injectors. When you pulled the plugs did they all look the same or was one or two carboned up. Usually if there is a problem on certain cylanders you can see it on the plug....
    2004 EX Odyssey.
    All posts made by me are in reference to the gen 2 Odyssey.

I replaced the EGR valve because the van had 140,000 miles on it and it had never been replaced before. I do not know if they cleaned out the ports on the intake manifold, but it would make sense. I will have to call my mechanic and see if the plugs had a lot of carbon on them.
    Are the fuel injectors very expensive? Do you replace all 6 or can you replace one at at a time?

Sometimes I think I have a short somewhere, because the alarm on the van starts going off at random times. Would that be activated by something in the mobilization system? Is that related to the fuel system in any way?

Thank you for all of your help and time in answering questions.

Alarm going off is another problem and there is a lot of information on it here. A search should find the threads.

At your mileage if I had to replace a bad injector I would probably replace all of them but that is just me. A good mechanic should be able to test them. You should question your mechanic as to whether he is diagnosing the problem or just guessing. The OEM service manual has test procedures to test the different systems. An OBDII tester can be used to check EGR flow.

Also have a look at the cables around the engine compartment for damage from rodents chewing on them. Seems to be showing up more on the Honda forums.
    2004 EX Odyssey.
    All posts made by me are in reference to the gen 2 Odyssey.

I bought a manual off of Ebay and took everything down step by step and it has led me to the last step of replacing the PCM. Does that sound right, replacing the PCM, what does all of that control?

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements