How to remove & Install the EVAP bypass solenoid valve
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to remove & Install the EVAP bypass solenoid valve

How to remove & Install the EVAP bypass solenoid valve

I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey with about 85,000 miles. The check engine light came on, and when tested showed a P1457 code. As per the Honda service bulletin 03-001, the most common part to replace is the EVAP bypass solenoid valve. I have the part number (17012-S10-L01), but before I give this a try myself, I would like to know what is involved in locating & removing the old part and installing the new one. Any advice would much very much appreciated.

Thanks

Marv

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

What did you end up doing about P1457?

I was able to discover how to change the part, it wasn't easy but I did it. When it was all done, the code went away.

How much was the part?

I did this back in the Feb/March timeframe of 2009 so I don't really remember, but I don't think it was much. $30-$40 maybe.

I have a similar problem with my 99 ody - MIL is on and I am getting a code P1457. Can I change this EVAP bypass solenoid valve myself? Anything on ytube or pdf's anywhere? Need help

Quote Originally Posted by tscheer View Post
    I have a similar problem with my 99 ody - MIL is on and I am getting a code P1457. Can I change this EVAP bypass solenoid valve myself? Anything on ytube or pdf's anywhere? Need help
    If you are handy, and have patiences, you can. I went to local library and was able to get a shop manual, which had some picture. Sorry there is no you-tube that I know about. My part was located on the drivers side of the vehicle, behind the wheel area. I didn't have a lift, just ramps that I used, but it was cramped. It was also cold and the bolts were pretty much frozen on. WD-40 can be your friend, use it. I also used fire to help "break" the screws, they were phillips, if memory serves. A vise grip will also come in handy. Hope you like puzzles because once you locate the cover, and remove it, you better remember your steps (I didn't) because you will need to know how to put this back together. Took me a few hours, but once done, I had a great sense of accomplishment. Sorry I could not be of more help, if you need anything else, please post, I get an e-mail notification and will try to respond quickly. Good luck.

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements