Compliance bushings...safety issue?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Compliance bushings...safety issue?

Compliance bushings...safety issue?

0dy '02 with 110K and had the baby in the shop for routine maintenance. Got "the call" from the Service Advisor that my front compliance bushings were both broken through-and-through. To replace...'Bout 520 bucks. I asked him if it were a safety issue to not replace and he said no, just to understand that's the reason the ride might be a little clunky and that tires might wear irregularly and alignment may not hold. I let him do the job and asked hin later upon pickup to show me what was replaced. I was shocked that it was 520 bucks to replace what looks to me like two large rubber washersm. Apparently it takes a lot of labor to get to them.

Could I, or should I have saved the money? Is it a safety issue? Did I get ripped off? Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    Did he mean front stabilizer links? Honda estimated 1/2 hour to replace both...http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/A07-001.PDF
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

No, the invoice specifically says "Replace front compliance bushings"

Installed 51393-S0X-A02, Bush, FR. ARM

Parts $46
    Labor $408

Additional cost was for alignment.

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    They are part #12 in this diagram...http://www.hondapartscheap.com/south...t=0&quantity=0
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

cheap part...mucho labor

It is a common problem on the current design. I have seen the problem on several cars. What happens when they come loose is the lower A frame rotates slightly which will cause tire wear. Although it is a common problem I would get a second opinion from a second independant mechanic. I had a dealer tell me they were bad on my previous car. I checked them and they were fine. They were still fine six years later when I sold the car. My daughters car though I could rock the tire front to back and see the A frame move.
    2004 EX Odyssey.
    All posts made by me are in reference to the gen 2 Odyssey.

Would these compliance busings cause noises when going over bumps? I had these changed out under warranty a few months ago and it seems like whenever I drive over a rough road, something in the front end suspension sounds loose. Don't recall this noise prior to the busing replacement.
    Kuya Ody

For Sale:Misc Parts for Sale from 2002 Ody (Radio, Service Manual, Arm Rest, etc..) - Click Here

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements