Replacing front passenger door power lock actuator
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacing front passenger door power lock actuator

Replacing front passenger door power lock actuator

Anyone done it? Have some experience to shed?

This is kind of where I'm at now:
    I have the door panel, I have the old one out and I'm ready to put the new one in. The actual actuator this is very unclear to what it mounts to. In the actual door hinge there is a big plastic piece that seems as if it should connect to the actuator, but I can't figure out where.

I figured i'll just take the whole hinge out, but that is becoming a huge problem to. I want to replace the actuator with the hinge still in the door. Does anyone know how it fits in, or if you can take pictures of your actuator connected to your hinge, it would really help me out. I know there are 2 mounting screws from the actuator to the hinge, but what i'm trying to figure out is how the locking mechanism connects.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    Sorry I can't be of further assistance as I got to the same point as you did myself and could not figure how to install the new lock actuator. So I caved and gave it to the dealer to finish.
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

When I have a problem like that, I always look at the opposite one to see how it's done.

Have you tried that?

Good Luck

Gene
    (My first Honda) late 2004 Ody with supposedly (by VIN#) factory-fixed transmission. Jury still out on that one.

"You go to Heaven for the climate and to Hell for the
    company"...Mark Twain

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - Aldous Huxley (about the transmission in his Honda)

I did this some time ago. If you had the service manual you would follow it to the "t" otherwise it is rather difficult. I'm still not sure where you're at. I do have the manual in front of me and assume you're talking about the cover for the rods is only large plastic piece. Otherwise, the actuator attaches to outside latch/striker. Did you take the outside handle off too? When you say hinge you mean the latch? It looks as if the 3 rods attach to actuator. Outer handle rod, Lock Rod, and Inner Handle Rod.
    Let me know a little more and maybe I can assist. It was hard taking apart but relatively easy putting together if I can recall.
    Thanks.
    2000 Taffeta Odyssey EX

Thanks anyways. I was brewing with frustration and ready to give up earlier when I was in the auto store trying to find a pick, but I was determined to continue. After I got the lock mount out, everything went fairly smoothly. All done and fixed

Question service manual

I have the same prob with my actuator both front doors , can u tell me where I can obtain one of those service manuals it sounds like it quite detailed , I could not find this topic in the Haynes version.

Thank you.

I used the Haynes manual. The pictures are a little unclear. The only thing to do is really just "do it". Both front doors don't work? That might be something else...

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    helminc.com for service manual.
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

Thumbs up Thanks!

just to give a little more info the both of them did not go out at the same time , the driver side still goes up but not fully and when i pull on the door handle inside or outside it just locks up, that door an the rest of doors. the passenger side one is dead ,does nothing ! I hope you understand my explanation .

thanks for all your help.

11. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements