How to replace washer pump
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to replace washer pump

How to replace washer pump

My washer pump for the front windshield is not working and it is not making any sounds. Both windshield wipers and back washer pump is working. Called the Honda dealer and he said all of them are running off of the same fuse so it could not be the fuse. I checked the fuse and it is fine.
    I need to know how to replace the washer pump, can anyone please guide me through it???
    THANKS

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Re: How to replace washer pump

Originally posted by myOdyssey2002
    My washer pump for the front windshield is not working and it is not making any sounds. Both windshield wipers and back washer pump is working. Called the Honda dealer and he said all of them are running off of the same fuse so it could not be the fuse. I checked the fuse and it is fine.
    I need to know how to replace the washer pump, can anyone please guide me through it???
    THANKS
    I just replaced mine on my 1999-EX. It was pretty easy actually. Biggest challenge is to get access to the windshield reservoir bottle. Here's a step by step guide for you to follow. I've also attached a pix that should help you.

1. Remove the passenger fender liner -- there are several clips that you'll need to remove. You pry up on the center stem with a flat screwdriver. Be careful that you don't break them as they can be a little brittle with age.

2. Disconnect the plug (P2) from the right washer motor (that controls the front). There is a small clip on the top of the plug that you'll need to unlatch from the body of the motor.

3. Disconnect the tube from the bottom of the washer motor. Be sure to have a bucket or something to catch the windshield washer fluid.

4. Pull the washer motor assembly straight out. It might be a little tight, so wiggle it, starting from the top. It will eventually pull out. It's held in place by an inlet tube into the reservoir (on the bottom). When you pull out the washer motor assembly, the reservoir will drain. Catch it all and discard. You now will have a flushed out w/w reservoir.

5. There is a rubber grommet on the inlet tube of the washer motor. If your new one doesn't have it, remove it from the old one and transfer it over. Before reinstallation, I lubed mine a little to help it slide in.

6. Reverse the process. Install washer motor. Connect the lower tube. Connect the P2 plug. Refill the reservoir. Test the washer operation. Reinstall the fender liner.

Total procedure should take about 15 minutes to replace the pump motor and about 30 minutes to R&R the fender liner.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '99 Odyssey EX - 430,000 km
    '71 Mustang Convertible - 220,000 mi
    '00 Ford F-150 - 260,000 km
    '98 Lexus ES300 - 148,000 km

Thank you so much, it is working!!

Easy and Quick

Took me about 30 minutes to install, and this was at night with a small shoplight!

Is it the same on every odyssey or will they be different because mine has somewhat similar problem. I can see the washer fluid come in but not with that much of force , in that case will it be a motor problem or something else ??

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    Check for a kinked hose.
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

I need to replace the tubing from the motor to the Y splitter for the front. Do I still need to remove the fender, or is it possible to wiggle my hand in there and pull off the old tubing to replace with the new? I have a 2000 LX and the tubing is rock-hard, so I can't just replace a short section of it without using a connector joint that really restricts fluid flow. I tried using a nail-set (because of the taper) to enlarge the opening a little, and also tried heating the hose; neither trick worked.

Thanks,
    Dave

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements