Why do other drivers have a need to pass an Ody? - Page 2
NEWS
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do other drivers have a need to pass an Ody?

Quote Originally Posted by james1787 View Post
    Luckily I let off the gas a little
    depending on my mood I might have shut the door.

that's an interesting observation though, I'll have to pay attention and see if the make/model vehicle I encounter affects my driving. I want to say no, since I drive for fuel economy more than anything else, so my decisions are based on momentum conservation - so I don't care who or what's in front of me, i wouldn't accelerate to pass for no reason - i will accelerate to catch a wave of green lights though. From my house to my parents' - if you get caught at the first red light, you'll stop at every one. If you make that light when the pedestrian signal turns to the flashing hand, you cruise right through to the end without stopping.

But will pay attention and see...
    Last edited by bbarbulo; 06-12-2017 at 12:43 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Nobody passes me...
    2017 Honda Odyssey TE - VCMuzzler - OEM Footwell LED Mod - LED Rear Reflectors -
    2017 Honda Accord EX-L
    2014 Honda Civic EX-L
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCMuzller - Catless Down Pipes - Test Pipe - Custom SRI/CAI - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - Coilovers - Tuned

so the shape of the vehicle has more to do with whether I want to get around it or not. as others suggested, visibility is a concern; i like to see far ahead so I can adjust throttle application to time stop lights and decide if I want to grab the next gear or gear down or stay in the current gear (the daily driver is an 01 Civic Si (EX for USA))

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Docket View Post
    People see minivans and they think families. They think families and they envision slow, cautious drivers. As they should. Van across America get that treatment.
    I see that reflected in my insurance billing, too. When I was living in South Carolina, our annual operating costs (insurance, fuel, oil, tires, etc.) for two Odysseys were only slightly more than for just one V-8 4x4 truck....yes, I sold the truck.

OF

Quote Originally Posted by 0dyfamily View Post
    I see that reflected in my insurance billing, too. When I was living in South Carolina, our annual operating costs (insurance, fuel, oil, tires, etc.) for two Odysseys were only slightly more than for just one V-8 4x4 truck....yes, I sold the truck.

OF

You know, the insurance for my 2016 Odyssey is still less than my 2013 Lexus ES350 with over 60k miles on it. And it is quite less! And the Lexus ES350 is not even a sporty car! It's driven mostly by older people who drive fairly slow (I should have gotten that Audi A4 or S4 because I don't consider myself that old LOL, but have 2 young kids, need the room and will deal with German maintenance at a later stage).

The insurance is definitely so cheap on the Odyssey. I live in NC, btw.

8. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12