LED Dash Lights...A Possible Solution - Page 4
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LED Dash Lights...A Possible Solution

Odessey dome light--Our 2004 with a window open is no problem,,,however if all of the windows are closed the tailgate door needs an extra "push" Once or twice a year we found a dead battery and found that one of the doors was not fully latched. That leaves "all" dome lights on overnight and even a good battery will go dead. ' Solution" ! Go online and buy "led" bulbs. They only use a fraction of the energy of standard bulbs. I only paid about $1 each. They are just as bright but more white than originals.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Just a quick question here. Are you using the standard lights in all applications or the high power? As different people chime into the post, it looks like the 4 used in the HVAC cluster are supposed to be the High Power version, but all others are the low power? Any help is appreciated. Thanks for the spreadsheet - I was making my own when I found this post.

LED add on for turn signal

I am very deaf and never hear the turn signal, I want to access the wireing and tap in for a led. Can anyone suggest best place to tap on. I found a perfect place to put the led at a better eye level. I found a good spot when I had dash out to replace clock bulb. That job was a piece of cake, thanks to this forum,,,And another note. We have found a dead battery a few times due to a door slightly ajar. NO MORE. I replaced all domes with led. Last night I left a door open all night and no more dead battery.

hi....can u tell which led should i use for my 2002 odyssey?for the A/C and instrument cluster?im confuse...the web site is confuse too...i dont know what led to order....links if possible..thanks..ur dash looks awesome...

I have a 2003 Odyssey -- anyone have a master list of all the size bulbs I would need, (just for the dash lights etc - not all interior bulbs) I know there are the main dash cluster, clock, ac control, fan blower switch, rear ac/heat switch, rear doors, CC, etc... Are they all different sizes?? How many bulbs for each?

Thanks,
    Toby

van.jpg

Nothing?? Nothing???

I guess I need to bring this thread back to life. My 2004 Ody now has several dash lights out, including the clock light, odometer light, and transmission indicator light. Does anyone have a list of bulbs from superbrightleds.com that would work for all the dash lights? Also, does anyone have a step-by-step set of instructions? Thanks!

cawgijoe - Use the search feature at the right side of the screen top end or loser end. You should be able to find everything you demand for!

I did a search for "Clock bulb replacement", one of the links listed steps in how to reach the clock bulb as well as other dash lights

Clock light replacement

Good Luck
    2001 EX 137K
    105K Replaced Engine with a Salvage one 115K
    116K DIY replaced Spark plugs with Bosch Platinum +4
    97K Timing belt + Water pump
    P0420, Transmission at 88K
    Weathertech mats

Also here is another one for the odometer bulb, not sure if it is for a LED though!

"The odometer bulb is a #74 found at any automotive store for about $1.50."

Odometer light out-How do I replace it?
    2001 EX 137K
    105K Replaced Engine with a Salvage one 115K
    116K DIY replaced Spark plugs with Bosch Platinum +4
    97K Timing belt + Water pump
    P0420, Transmission at 88K
    Weathertech mats

Thanks all! I will need to find a weekend day to do this. Very helpful.

Hello everyone, Ive been lurking for a while and now have an 05 EX. On the HVAC controls, how many of the buttons are illuminated? I only have the Auto, Off, Sync, DR w/ red and blue arrow working. The display and other active LEDs work.

thx,

Tom

Bulb sizes

New to Odyclub.com, recently got a 2000 lx. Does anyone have a list of just bulbs and sizes need for the cluster, switches in the dash, and the ac controls (non climate control)? All help would be greatly appreciated.

After over half my climate bulbs and clock went out, I finally ordered the replacement bulbs from Superbrightleds.com. It was a fairly easy job and I did it in the evening. The hardest part was having to turn the bulbs around to get the polarity right. The only thing I didn't switch out were "warning lights" in the gauge cluster.

As others have mentioned some of the bulbs fit tight, but they work. The exception is the clock bulb which was very loose. I ended up using some hot glue to hold it in place. The clock bulb doesn't light up the clock very well. I glued a piece of aluminum foil in there and it helped a bit, but it needs some more work.

Here's a list of the lights that I used:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FE&usp=sharing
    '00 Odyssey
    B&M SuperCool Trans Cooler; Magnefine Trans Filter; Airlift 1000; Valley Round Tube Hitch

Audio: Alpine CDA-9886 with PAC SWI Jack, Kenwood XR-4S, PPI 356CS, Dayton RS100-4, SDS CLD Tiles
    Video: XO Vision DVD Player, Myron & Davis Dual Headrests, Alpine SHS-N252 IR-headphones

185,000+ on original transmission

I've ordered the led from superbright.com and I can't fit them. Only T3 are fit. They got polarity? those T4 and T5 are big I cannot fit them in the slot. How did you do it? I don't wanna force them and break my panel.

Thank you!

17. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements