Power window problems
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power window problems

Power window problems

Hi all, having some strange issues with the Left side power windows.

I had thought that the problem originated when we left the front left window slightly open when raining, therefore getting the switch wet. Strange thing is originally both left side fuses would blow the moment the ignition was turned on. Now only the rear fuse blows, I'm wondering if its actually the motor or there is still a short somewhere else.

Would appreciate any input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Hm, I have a '96, I bought it 2 years ago with 145K and it now has 190K, and the left rear window has never worked from the drivers' door control, but it does work from the left rear door control itself.

Maybe it's a weak spot on these Odysseys, I have never tried to ferret out the problem because the inconvenience is not that great.

^^^clean out the connections on the master switch to that window. over time theres a black residue that collects where the actual switch comes in contact with the metal. once you clean that, it'll be all good

I continued my trouble shooting and lead me back to the Master switch as suggested, thank you. And found a short that burnt and melted some of the plastic. All of the the master switch works exept for the 2 wires that control that right rear window. I tried to see if I could by pass it somehow so that it would work with the switch on the door only but with no sucess. Any suggestions?

This is my other 98 winter beater so I do not care as much, I swapped the switch with the nice 98 and everything works fine.

My options:
    If someone can help me bypass it for it to work with the door switch.
    Leave it and never use that window again.
    If someone has a spare master switch to sell me.

Buy a new switch on eBay. I bought my ody and the master was all fried and had to extend some wires

Master switch from ebay

I checked it out on ebay... the range is quite substancial. From 20$ to 80$ shipping included. I'm wondering if I can trust it, I feel a bit better trusting someone from the board here first if possible.

8. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements