New member - with a '95 Ody and a few questions
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New member - with a '95 Ody and a few questions

New member - with a '95 Ody and a few questions

Hello to all. Looks like a friendly group of Ody enthusiasts here! My question is this- I've owned my '95 Ody for about eight years now. It has a little over 206K miles, and starts and runs well; am I nuts for wanting to upgrade to a newer and a little bit more luxurious Odyssey? Not new, I WAS thinking about a '2006 to 2008 model. However, I see here and other places, that many people are having a lot of problems with the newer years models. Driveway status is not an issue.
    Mine has a couple of bumps & bruises, is not terribly worn internally, & everything (still)works, but could use some maintenance like ball joints, tie rods, etc. What do you all think?

Regards,
    Bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Probably would be better to post your question about reliability issues in the '2005-2010' section to get better feedback.

I'm a bit biased, but the 1st generation was the best (especially for me). Even though the interior volume is larger in the next generations (and taller), I can still pack a lot of stuff with the middle seats removed. (Finished helping a friend move, and we had a 20' extension ladder inside.) What doesn't fit inside can often go on the roof rack. I prefer the economy of the 4 over the power of the V6, and my Accord headers help give me a decent punch when I need it.

As far as keeping it, investing in the repairs and maintenance may make better economical sense than buying a 'new' used car with unknown condition and issues.
    1996 Sebring Silver Isuzu Oasis LS 270,000m
    clear corner lights, vent visors, jdm grill and rear spoiler, white taillights, Civic glass moonroof
    LED turn/brake/interior/gauge lights, modified hazard relay
    Previous rides:
    70 Super Beetle (used)
    80 Gold Accord LX (also 1st gen!)
    86 Mazda 626

Thanks for the response. That's what I am a little concerned about, I'm hearing things about a lot of problems - rear motor mounts, transmission problems, brake issues - that seem to be more prevalent in the years around 2004 to 2005 where I was looking.
    I'll look in the reliability sections and see what I can find.

id stay with your odyssey.there are not many around and the fact its 4 door and not sliding makes it the most awesome.ive had 2 already and i will keep my second one for a long time.beleive me you will regret the day you sell your trusty ol odyssey.id just fix it if i was you
    95 odyssey ex............ replacement of my 96 lx... 299k and goin strong
    01 acura mdx........ totaled christmas eve...R.I.P
    07 yukon xl.......family ride
    85 chevy silverado.... ... one bad cheby

6. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements