Speedometer not working
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speedometer not working

Question Speedometer not working

1995 odyssey with 203,000 miles. My speedometer stopped working and I get the ole blinking 'D' drive light. Is the solution the speedometer cable or could it be something electrical. It appears that cable goes from under the dash wraps around behind the stereo then thru the bottom of the car and into the back of the transmission. Or, could this be a speed sensor, does this model even have the speed sensor? Your help would be appreciated. thx, Larry

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I don't feel like getting my Helm manual but I thought there was no cable and that there was just a speed sensor. So your problem should be electrical and not mechanical in nature. Just my 2 cents.

Offtopic, how does your Ody run with 203K miles? How would you describe the overall condition and what, if any, problems has it had? I am at 172K and plan on keeping it quite a while longer.
    '95 Taffeta White 7 seater LX Ody
    Mods: Hubcaps from 03 Accord LX, Fog Lights, OEM front map lights, OEM Roof Rack, Lumar metalized tint, Honda upgraded speakers/tweeters, Passenger armrest, Valiant keyless entry, Adjustable Second Row Bench. 246K miles and going strong!
    2004 Toyota Sienna LE 154K miles (The family hauler)

Robert, thx I believe you are correct. I need to pick up a manual, but my advancd disc. auto doesnt carry one. As for the Odyssey it has been a very reliable and trouble free car since I bought it new. A lot of highway miles along with some city type driving. The motor seems bullet proof and does not smoke at all. There is an oil leak on the top somewhere, looks to be the distributor area. My drivers window wont go down and the door lock makes a lot of noise (solenoid). Now the speedo, she is just getting old. The body is in really nice condition and it has the EX wheels ( it is an ex model anyway). The timing belt will need another replacement in another 20k miles or so. I let the first one go until over 100k, then took it in. The little guy will seat 6 and we drove it everywhere for years. Now it is being used by my son, he is 17. Just for trips to work and back, I still want to keep her. I would get nothing on trade in probably and if I sold it there would be to many questions with all of these little things broken. So, I will work thru these issues... Thx for the reply. If you get a chance to crack open the ole book let me know. I just need to know where the sensor is located. Larry

I won't be able to check the manual til at least tomorrow. As for the door lock issue, check this thread:
    Driver side power door lock GROWLS

As for getting a manual check Ebay for 'Helm 1995 Odyssey' or get one new from http://www.helminc.com. You cannot buy this manual at a local auto store. And the cheaper manuals don't compare.

Do a search on this forum for the window issues.
    '95 Taffeta White 7 seater LX Ody
    Mods: Hubcaps from 03 Accord LX, Fog Lights, OEM front map lights, OEM Roof Rack, Lumar metalized tint, Honda upgraded speakers/tweeters, Passenger armrest, Valiant keyless entry, Adjustable Second Row Bench. 246K miles and going strong!
    2004 Toyota Sienna LE 154K miles (The family hauler)

6. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements